1. Queen-because I like being the Queen around here. No, that's not true. I LOVE being the Queen around here. My loyal subject, Hubs, is so very supportive of my role as Queen and he knows that I will never leave him because
2. Quote- because I love it when I can actually remember a quote I love AND who said it. It makes me feel all smart and clever and interesting.
3. Quilts- because they remind me of the America of long ago before we became lazy (which occurred due to the development of leisure time) and women took the time to gather together talking and sharing while they spun beautiful histories and enchanting tales within each hand sewn square.
4. Quills- because they invoke visions in my mind's eye of the wise poets, amazing composers and classic writers of old as they sat and wrote the most beautiful creations ever produced AND of America's founding fathers and their progressive thought processes; their initiative; their courage...
5. Quiet- because it allows me the peace to reflect on my cherished memories of growing up and of raising four daughters.
6. Quirky- because our family is full of quirky and I love quirky...and my family. Being quirky keeps us far from boring.
7. Quay-because I like the word and also because it has to do with the sea and I love the sea.
8- Quaker-because I like their passivity when it comes to war, their anti-slavery views and their support of the women's rights movement... AND because when I played the alphabet game in the car as a child, Quaker State motor oil was about the only Q we could ever find.
9- Quack- because ducks really do make that sound and I like to hear it.
10- Quartet- because one of my favorite things to do is listen to the soothing sounds of a string quartet AND because I have always been impressed by the harmony carried by a Barbershop quartet.
This is the 16th day of the A-Z Blog Challenge for the month of April. The hardest letters are withing these last 10 days...thankfully, we're almost FINISHED! I just might make it!
And now it's time for Wednesday's HOP. Patrice, at Everyday Ruralty, hosts Wednesday Words of Weight Loss every Wednesday! It's a fun HOP that offers encouragement and company on the issue of weight. It's never too late to join! Come on, this is your week to join in the FUN!