FIRST is WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE from Joyce at From This Side of the Pond. This one is a great way to get to know some wonderful new bloggy friends and learn more about some old ones...not that I'm calling anyone OLD, mind you.
This week's questions:
2. What makes a good dad? Someone who guides with a patient and loving hand. He takes the time to explain and doesn't go off on a tirade and not only spends time with his kids (and wife) but actually enjoys spending time with them.
|That's me and my dad.|
3. Are you afraid of insects? Which ones? No. I'm not afraid of them but I DO NOT love them. I don't want them on me or in my house but because I think they're gross, not because of fear.
|These nasty things are the bug of choice in the low-country. I find them disgusting and I hate them but I'm not scared of them.|
4. We're barbecuing...what's on the grill at your house? Surf 'n turf! Every time! The next biggie will be the last weekend of this month when EVERYONE comes home!
|The men spend most of their time focused on the best and quickest way to open their beer during our cookouts.|
5. Do you believe that playing is more important than winning? I suppose the 'correct' answer is yes. HOWEVER, I am one of those annoying as hell competitive types and I LIKE TO WIN! And I'm not ashamed of it either. I REALLY LIKE TO WIN. I'm not a sore loser, I just play to win. Always.
6. Do you tan? Use self tanners? Visit tanning salons? See your dermatologist at least once a year? I used to tan every summer but not anymore. I get sun from working in the garden and, occasionally, I will sit in the sun in the backyard. But I wear sunscreen daily. So do the lovelies. Dermatologist? What's a dermatologist? I'm kidding. No, I don't see my dermatologist at least once a year because I don't have a dermatologist.
7. Five years ago I would never imagine that today I would be blogging. I didn't even know what a blog was. I don't think I'd even heard the word 'blog' until two years ago.