I was reading skirt! magazine last night (I seriously love this publication--it's all about women, has great articles and short stories AND it's perfect to cut up after reading when I scrapbook for the lovelies). Their theme for June's issue is Yes! And on the front they ask, "What's on your YES! List?" Good question...
My YES! List:
- YES! I will walk for an hour every day (this one is kind of a cheat since I already do this--what can i say, I'm starting off easy).
- YES! I'll stop procrastinating and use my time wisely (please try not to hurt yourselves falling out of your chairs laughing at this one).
- YES! I'll get those two bedrooms painted THIS SUMMER (No, I really AM going to do this. Really. I am.).
- YES! I'll look for the blessings in my everyday routine (I'm sure there are some around here somewhere).
- YES! I'll stop calling my life boring (and get off my fat behind to do things so that there's no reason to call my life boring).
- YES! I'll write some fiction everyday even if it's only one paragraph (and even if it's the worst piece of fiction EVER written).
- YES! I'll try to be more sensitive to the needs of others (I know. Stop laughing.).
- YES! I'll try to stop calling people stupid even if they are (Nah. That's just not going to happen. How about I'll stop calling people stupid in a voice loud enough for them to hear me calling them stupid?).
- YES! I'll re-cover those dining area chairs before all the foam padding falls out through the worn fabric that covers them now. (Or else our butts will be sitting in holes).
- YES! I'll answer my phone even if it's a long-winded person I really don't want to talk to calling. (Hahahahahahahaha!).
- YES! I will not cry when Birdie heads off to Texas. (If you believe that, I've got a bridge I'd like to sell you!).
- YES! I will say NO to gray hair. (That stuff looks fine on everyone but me).
- YES! I will get my blender back from Birdie and DoodleBug. (College students aren't the only ones who enjoy a frozen beverage with Tequila or Rum in them).
- YES! I will stop my mind from wandering when someone else is talking. (Even I am laughing at that one.)
- YES! I will clean up my language. (Just as soon as people stop
pissing me offmaking me angry).
- YES! I will hold my tongue and lengthen my fuse. (Hahahahahaha!)
What's on your YES! List?