Please bear with the technical terms.
|This is what the chairs looked like. Yeah, I really needed to do this re-covering project EONS ago but, better late than never? Anyway, the seats were all stained and some of them had rips in them. This was one of the best looking ones.|
|Re-covering won. Ok, after unscrewing the seats, it was staple remover time. This was a pain in the...fingers, hands and arms. What did they do back then, super glue them in there?|
|This icky foam was under the fabric and it was NASTY.|
|Under the ICKY foam was this stuff and those s shaped spring thingys.|
|This is what the seat looked like without the ICKY foam stuff and that other junk.|
|I replaced the ICKY foam with new foam. And the new foam is 2" thick.|
|I glued this meshy kind of stuff down onto the wooden frame--|
|and then glued the new foam on top of that---are you bored to tears yet?|
|Once I had the fabric stapled onto the frame and around the foam, I glued and stapled another piece of the meshy stuff onto the bottom.|
|And VOILA! Looks like new!|
|And now, five of the six chairs look like this one.|
- I do not enjoy re-covering chairs; old, ripped and stained isn't all that bad.
- I can do a better job than I thought, but have no desire to do it again. Ever.
- Re-covering chairs hurts my fingers, hands, arms, shoulders and neck.
- The job does NOT get easier with each chair.
- Taking the old staples out and getting the new fabric on are the two hardest parts of this kind of project
- I hate trying to get a tight fit of the fabric around corners and curves.
- I was very proud of the first couple but the novelty wore off quickly.
- The chairs really do look nice now so that sort of made it worth the trouble.
- I was able to complete the entire project for only $66. (Foam is EXPENSIVE--it was more than the fabric--but then, I did get the fabric for 50% off...gotta love sales)
At least she has some things to look forward to in Texas:
|THE Cowboys- |
A little band you might have heard of: