FIRST is WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE from Joyce at From This Side of the Pond. This one is a great way to get to know some wonderful new bloggy friends and learn more about some old ones...not that I'm calling anyone OLD, mind you.
1. How has your hometown changed since you were a kid? What has changed most about the neighborhood you grew up in? I do visit my hometown from time to time since my aunt still lives there (but, trust me, if she didn't live there, I'd never go back) and NOT ONE SINGLE THING has changed. The people are all still a bunch of yahoos (and I am not referring to that yummy-lish chocolate flavored drink).
5. What is your favorite 'sauteed in garlic and butter' food? Or garlic and olive oil if that makes you feel better. Shrimp, dahling. Of course.
7. Lilac, hydrangea, peony...pick one. Most flowers send my allergies into a frenzy so I don't particularly love the really smelly ones. But I do love Gerber Daisies. Love, love, love them!
AND last night Birdie and I went to the Adidas store to get some new walking/running shoes. Everything was going along quite nicely until I turned around and BAM! There is was. A full length mirror. Immediately my inner voice said, "Look at that! You're still fat!" Whereupon I immediately replied, "No shit Sherlock." Which immediately sent my inner voice into shock and I haven't heard from him since. (Notice how I call my inner voice a 'him'...hahahahaha).
AND I enjoyed walking in my new shoes this morning. BUT, DANG! It's so humid out there that I thought this might be the day that the weather down here actually kills me! As a matter of fact, just ignore anything I have said previously about the heat because, compared to today, those days were merely warm. This kind of heat is one of the reasons I never ask, "Could it get any worse?" Because the answer is always yes! It was in the 80s at 6:00 am! Right now (it's only 7:30) it's 83 but, with the humidity, it feels like 93 which means that, by lunch time, hello hundreds! Which is why I will be inside paying homage to my air conditioner!
Facing 50 with Humour has had her FIRST BOOK PUBLISHED--Mini Skirts and Laughter Lines! Hop on over there and give her a congratulatory shout! Major congrats Twin! I am so proud of you!
AND, you will be glad to know, this ends all my random ramblings. For today.
- Is there someone in your town who makes you turn and walk the other way to avoid them? Please, please, tell me I'm not alone. Well, if I lived in the town where I went to high school, I would avoid EVERYONE. Around here, not so much. Or, if I do, it's because I have no desire to stand in the heat or at the grocery store and have an indepth conversation about crap I don't care about. HOWEVER, there are people I knew when, that I would avoid because I would hate to see the look in their eyes when they realized who I was and that I now look like two people instead of one. So, no. You are NOT alone.
- Have you ever tried juicing? Yes. We have a juicer and the juice is fantastic! It gives you a major rush and energy buzz that stays with you for a couple of hours! I'm not using it lately though because I don't want to count those calories in my daily intake.
- Do you feel better with long hair, short hair, or something in between? I feel better with medium to long hair even though I twist it into one of those buns Patrice mentioned above every single day of my life. I look like an elephant with a head the size of a mouse when my hair is short.
- Have you ever seen a large fireworks display in person? Yep. When I was little we used to watch the ones in Charlotte, NC. When the lovelies were growing up, we always went out to Sullivan's Island and watched the ones in Charleston.
- What's the most unusual meal you have made? You won't find an unusual meal around here because I'm a regular food person. If it's foreign or gourmet or uses 'interesting' ingredients? Then I'm not making it OR eating it! I don't like unusual food. Or, at least, I don't think I do because I've never actually tasted unusual food. LOL