The first is a new/revised meme from Patrice at Everyday Ruralty called Chats on the farmhouse porch!
- Have you ever colored your hair? If so, what colors have you tried? Goodness yes! I am a natural brunette- light brown with a hint of auburn. However, red is my absolute favorite color for hair so I have gone red (well, auburn) before and I loved it! Now, I just go with a light brown called pecan and what I have left of any auburn still comes through (thankfully).The reason I color has changed though- I'm covering that gray. That hateful gray that just won't stop coming.
- What's your favorite kind of music? This always depends on my mood of the day but if I had to pick one I guess it would be rock. No country though. On any day. Ever.
- What are the last three movies you watched? Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil; Father of the Bride; The Resident. We got rid of our cable and have Netflix now. So I'm re-watching a lot of movies. There aren't that many available via Netflix that I'm really interested in. However, they do offer a few good Pilates videos and the documentary list is fairly decent. I've been watching the America: The Story of Us series- I think the History Channel made them--and they're not bad. Right now I'm watching a documentary on Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B Anthony this is pretty good.
- Do you remember your first pet? Yes. He was a black Dachshund named Duke. And I used to sit on the front porch and share my cookies with him- I'd take a bite and then he'd take a bite. He was a great dog!
- What was the best or most interesting "back to school" thing from your childhood? The new dress! I loved shopping for that new first day of school dress and then putting it on for the first day back!
Now it's time for WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE from Joyce at From This Side of the Pond. This meme is a great way to get to know some wonderful new bloggy friends and learn more about some old ones...not that I'm calling anyone OLD, mind you.
1. Using what's in your frig right now what sort of meal would you be able to make for guests who are knocking at the front door this very minute? It's lucky that I have a few things leftover from the baby shower this weekend! I could put together a veggie tray and fruit tray as well as some shrimp tarts and cheese and crackers for appetizers. Then, for lunch, I would serve some of that delicious Tomato Zucchini soup I made on Sunday! OR, if they prefer, I have all the makings for some She Crab soup! OR I could make crab dip--depends on what the visitors want!
2. What is something about yourself that you hope will change but that probably never will? How quickly rude people annoy me. I really should just let it go but I don't. I either very visibly shake my head or I will actually say something. I've got to stop this.
3. What's something about yourself that you hope will never change? How passionate I am in the fight against things such as prejudice, injustice, intolerance, judgmental attitudes, narrow-minded blowhards, etc.
4. Do you usually send serious or funny greeting cards? Why? Almost always something funny. I like to lighten up dark situations and add to bright ones. There are some occasions when I won't send a funny card, like for sympathy, but I also keep it uplifting-- none of that depressing stuff.
5. Bird watching, shell gathering, or star gazing- your choice for whiling away the hours? Oh gosh! I love to do all those things! Sometimes I gather shells while I'm bird watching or star gazing! It's easy to take part in all three when the beach is only 5 minutes from the house!
7. What's your favorite place for people watching? Downtown Charleston! There are all kinds of people down there all the time. The college is down there and tourists galore! I have taken some of the best and some of the funniest pictures of people down there! It's a blast!
8. Insert your own random thought here. Not much on my mind today. Just kind of hanging out waiting for autumn to get here. Oh, and the school kids might be selling wrapping paper soon so I can't wait for that to come around! It was much better when they sold Sally Foster (when the lovelies were in school) but I buy it anyway! I just can't resist!