Dad's surgery (yesterday) went just as the surgeon hoped it would. He seems to think that they got all of the cancer but, of course, took a few cells and lymph nodes just to be sure. Dad feels great and his spirits are HIGH! He gets to leave the hospital tomorrow morning! Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers!
The same day Mother was in AFib- (the parents are divorced so this was going on in a different town/state). Good news is that her doctor was able to get it under control with meds so NO HOSPITAL but she does have to see a cardiologist.
And that was Thursday.
AND NOW- It's the end of another week! That means it's time for the FRIDAY HOPS! If you are here for FIVE QUESTION FRIDAY only, then just scroll down!
This week’s statements:
1. My favorite piece of advice my mom ever gave me was--not sure about that. Most of the great advice I ever got was from my grandparents. So, I'll go with this one: my dad's mother told me to never compare the lovelies with each other because they were all individuals- and I never did.
2. I overcame my fear of nothing. I still hold to my fears with a healthy (HA! Right) respect. And I plan to keep them that way.
3. Chick-fil-A is my favorite fast food restaurant. Although I never go to any fast food restaurants anymore. They aren't exactly healthy choice friendly. But, Chick-fil-A has the BEST WAFFLE FRIES EVER.
4. The last time I was sick I probably had something allergy related. It's been a long time since I was last sick. When I do get sick, it's usually allergy related- hay fever or a sinus infection.
Next is Five Question Friday from Mama M. at My Little Life.
This HOP is a great way to get to know each other better and to meet new friends! If you click on the button, it'll take you right over there to join in the fun!
1. Do you close the bathroom door when you are home alone? No because Tucker stands at the door and scratches it. He can't stand for a door to be between us. Kind of like having the lovelies home and little all over again.
2. You have to walk around with a word on your forehead. That word describes you. One word. What is it? Explosive. And this can be a good thing or a bad thing. Depends on the mood.
3. What store do you refuse to shop at and why? Dick's Sporting Goods. Because they totally ticked me off about 6 years ago during an after Thanksgiving Day sale- We were in line a full 10 minutes before the end of the sale and they cut us off. I was so pissed. I never have and never will shop there again. There were quite a few people behind us who were also angry. One man went off on the manager so bad I dropped my items right there and left. Probs should have stayed - I bet he got his items at sale price. Maybe he should walk around with explosive on his forehead.
4. If you participated in arranged marriages for your child(ren), who would you choose for your child(ren)? I have no idea because I can't see myself EVER doing something like this.
5. If you could pick how and when you would die, would you? The how- YES. The when- NO. Unless, of course, NEVER was an option.