And then there are days like today.
When the temps are in the 60s (albeit high 60s); the sunrise decides to be stunning in nature (see it there on the left?); I turn a curve and an autumn breeze hits me and stays with me on that last .75 of a mile. All of that coupled with the fact that my ASICS have relieved my feet of all their pain!
It's hard to beat days like today. In fact, I would have easily been able to walk longer if it weren't for my aging bladder. There are pretty much only two things I envy about men and being able to whip it out and pee anywhere is one of them. (The other is their ability to pass blame off on others).
Anyway, I had a dream last night. I dreamed that I rested my hands on my sides on top of my hips and my fingers touched each other in front! Woot!
When I got up this morning I knew my fingers wouldn't touch but I tried anyway. Guess what? They will touch if I squeeze. So I started the day M.O.T.I.V.A.T.E.D.
Lately, I have noticed a few things about losing weight.
- My fat shelf is gone. Again. I remember now how stunned I was when I discovered it MIA the first time I lost it. Before I lost the weight I could carry 4 or 5 gallons of spring water with the help of the rolls in my midsection to keep them from falling. The jugs would rest on top of a roll creating a 'fat shelf' if you will, preventing the jugs from sliding down and hitting the ground. This is no longer available. Now, the jugs just hit the ground.
- I have noticed that, while riding in the passenger seat of the car, that there is less of me jiggling around. I used to get so mad at Hubs for hitting any and all bumps in the road because it caused me to jiggle (and I'm NOT talking about a cute jiggle-this was more like a flopping) so much he probably thought something was wrong with the car. Now, not so much.
- Also in the car, I can put my seat belt on and STILL MOVE AROUND. That's right. Before I would fasten my seat belt and have ZERO space to move. I couldn't even lean forward an inch. Now? I can not only lean forward, but I can reach something on the floorboard.
- When I raise my arms, the flabby bat wings are no longer the envy of every bat in the neighborhood.
- I have noticed that, when I turn over in bed, I don't wake myself or Hubs up thinking we're having a significant earthquake.
- For a time I thought that my boobs had retained some of their youthful perkiness. False. They appeared that way because they were resting on my great middle expanse. Now that the middle expanse has decreased, the boobs are hanging lower than ever. I imagine they'll give the term 'knee length' a whole new meaning by the time I finish losing the weight.