I'm pretty sure that even Cam Newton can't be successful without a decent O line.
I'm also pretty sure that sports announcers have NEVER been nice or positive about the Panthers. Why start now? Just because of Cam Newton? I wonder if they noticed the final score yesterday? Admittedly, they did play better yesterday than in the last couple of years. BUT all of them, not just one. I'm not against Cam Newton. I am against all the press.
Darned media people can ruin just about anything, can't they?
And now, the FAT part of the post:
I had success with the Slimmer this Summer Challenge (I lost 44 pounds), I decided that I needed another one to get me through the holidays that are fast approaching. And there were several good ones out there. It was indeed difficult to decide which one to join.
So, I'm joining more than one! I have written a brief description of each but please go visit them and get a better understanding. Then, pick whichever is right for you!
Why am I joining challenges? Because they work for me! I get it in my head that I don't want to let the group down so I stick to my goals/plans. I also totally enjoy meeting all the new friends and sharing in the encouragement as we all strive to enjoy better health!
This one is a Christmas Dress Challenge at Thursday's Child-this challenge runs from September 19th thru December 19th. You must set goals for yourself and check-in with a post once each week. You DO NOT have to post THE NUMBER if you don't want to.
Next is Give Yourself the Best Gift Challenge over at Less of Me, More of Him. This challenge runs September 18th thru December 31st. You must enter (by September 18th) to be eligible for the prize. You can enter afterwards, but won't be eligible for the prize. You must write a blog post containing a statement about what you want to give yourself and 7 action points that will help you obtain your goal(s). Then you post it and link it to the challenge!
Next is the Holiday 2011 Challenge over at My Bizzy Kitchen! This challenge began yesterday (9/11/11). The rules are easy- tell your goals and do what you have to do to make them a reality! There is ample support here from everyone AND you'll find some amazing recipes too!
There is another challenge I know of that I did not join but the only reason was that I didn't want to post THE NUMBER and that's one of the requirements. HOWEVER, this is another fabulous challenge for your consideration and Princess Dieter has many super fantastic ideas about getting healthy, including exercise. And, if you need guidelines, then this challenge is absolutely perfect!
My statement: I want to give myself the gift of health this year through an increase in knowledge about nutrition and exercise as well as losing another 30 pounds! Oh, and I would love to give myself the gift of being in front of the camera some this season instead of always behind it.
My goals for the challenges:
- lose some pounds---I decided on 30 pounds. This was my goal for the summer challenge and it was a good one. It may be optimistic but I'm going to shoot for it anyway!
- drink water--I plan on drinking 64 oz/day
- exercising--I will continue to walk Tucker first thing in the mornings and, after bringing him home, go back out for 5 miles. If I feel the spirit move me (doubtful, but who knows?) I will add some running.
- keep a weight loss journal--my journal is being kept on livestrong.com where I track water intake, exercise, calories consumed, measurements and weight.
- caloric intake-- I will stick with the 1200-1400 range as this seems to be working.
- no nighttime snacking- I will allow myself one evening snack after supper but only if it's before 8:00 PM. No food after 8:00!
- I will post weekly (I'm thinking Monday)