First up this week is WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE from Joyce at From This Side of the Pond. This meme is fun and sometimes even poses a challenge (read: she makes us use our noggins!).
1. How do you typically react in a sudden, extreme, pressure-filled crisis? Would we want you nearby in an emergency? I hold together well in these situations. Or, at least I have thus far. Whenever the lovelies got hurt I always kept it together until way later. But, once they were in bed, I would lose it. Luckily, Hubs was always there to pick up the pieces. The biggest thing that I've experienced outside of the family was at school when I was working as an interventionist. We had lock-down drills every month or so. But, on this particular day, the code word was used so we knew this was NOT a drill. We had a group in our room and noticed that some first graders had just returned to school from a field trip and were playing on the back playground. Without giving it a moment's thought, we rushed out there and brought them into our room--which was one of the freaking trailers in the back of the school. We had the kids sitting in position and we sat there for TWO HOURS while trying to reassure everyone and keep them quiet and entertained. All was fine- a man tried to shoot his father across the street and had run onto school grounds and into the woods BEHIND THE PLAYGROUND! It was scary because we had no idea what was going on. We just knew that it was NOT a drill. But I totally held it together. It's amazing what you can do when the safety of children is threatened!
- What kind of camera do you use? I have a Canon EOS Rebel XS digital SLR. And I am in love with it! And grateful to Hubs who bought it for me a few years ago.
- What will you have for Thanksgiving dinner? If not in the US, tell us about a special meal, please. I will be preparing a completely organic, gluten and sugar free meal this year. I'm still working on the recipes. And we will have a turkey because, really, what's Thanksgiving without a turkey for goodness sakes!
- What's the biggest vehicle you've driven? Hubs used to have a big blue truck (a 3/4 ton Chevy) and I loved driving that thing! People had to get out of my way or get run over! It was AWESOME!
- Have you ever been on a train? This can be a commuter train or the chugga-chugga-choo-choo kind.:) Ok, my very first train experience (which you can read about right here) was so traumatizing that I have NEVER gotten on another one. EVER. And I never will.
- What question would you like to ask the people visiting on my porch next week? When do you begin decorating for Christmas? OR Do you prefer to decorate for Christmas by yourself or do you like for everyone to join in? OR Do you decorate your house for Halloween, Thanksgiving AND Christmas or just one or two? That was a terrible way to phrase that one, wasn't it?
Last but NOT LEAS:
- Click the button and follow your hostesses- Victoria's Voice and Three Boys and an old Lady through GFC
- Link up at Victoria's Voice
- Follow some of the other great blogs (and leave a comment so they can follow you back!)
- Copy and Paste the blog hop BUTTON on your blog so others can join in (this is optional)
- And, while not mandatory, Victoria would love for you to leave her a comment that you joined the HOP!