First up is WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE from Joyce at From This Side of the Pond. This meme is fun and sometimes even poses a challenge (read: she makes us use our noggins!).
- What was your favorite book as a child? Oh goodness, I read EVERYTHING as a child. My dad's mother was the librarian in our town and I spent so much time readingreadingreading! I loved everything I read but Harriet the Spy was the one that sticks out as being my absolute favorite. I read it time after time and even logged some childhood hours spying on some neighbors. That's a story for another post!
- Dark chocolate, Milk Chocolate, or White Chocolate? Yes please!
- What's your biggest "pet peeve" when it comes to your kitchen? Hubs going in there and moving stuff around. Don't freaking touch anything in my kitchen. Men. Sheesh.
- Do you use any type of water filter in your home? (Whole house, faucet mount, or pitcher) No. All those faucet filters do is remove the odors NOT the chemicals. I would love to have the big charcoal thingy on the outside of the house that does actually remove the chemicals. We buy spring water for now. We used to get spring water from Hubs' grandmother's natural spring but since she passed and her youngest daughter inherited everything...we don't get to get it anymore. But there is a website that tells which bottled water really is spring water AND there's one that tells where there are natural springs in your state. We have a couple here in SC and you can go and fill up jugs for FREE! We plan to start doing that soon.
- What's the herb you use the most in cooking? I have a French mixture and an Italian mixture of dried herbs that I used most of the time.