Don't have a lot of time because it's a holiday weekend? Then Friday Fragments is just what you need! Hop on over the Mrs. 4444's at Half-Past Kissin' Time and join in the fun!
- We have a wedding to attend this weekend. BestSonInLawEVER's youngest sister is tying the knot. I hope to have pictures to share next week.
- I started a running trainer app on my phone- I think it's going to work out. Until it doesn't. Or until I get bored. Again. It says to only run three days every week and take in between days off. Gee, what a heart break (can you sense the sarcasm?). So, on the days I run I do level 1 of the 30 Day Shred and on the days I don't run, I do level 2. I'm beginning to think I'm either NUTS or a glutton for punishment. Or just tired of being overweight. Anyway, I'll have a review of the app soon- not because they're paying me, just FYI.
- I also started using the exercise (stability) ball for exercising while I'm watching television or reading. But it's actually FUN!
- The garden is growing like crazy! Tomato plants are up to my waist--some even taller! And the tomatoes themselves look great! I hope to pick some next week. The cucumbers and lettuces and spinach are doing well also. The guy at the landscape nursery told me that I couldn't grow leafy greens around here until fall. He was wrong. I have some sunflowers that are growing up taller than my waist too and there is one zucchini out there that will be ready to pick in a few more days! The yellow squash are still coming along. And all the flowers are doing great! Oh and the pumpkins! And the blueberries and grapes! WooHoo! I know it sounds like a lot but it isn't really. Just a backyard garden. But I love it!
- Birdie comes home this weekend! WooHoo! Can't wait to see her! If there's one thing I simply cannot adjust to with the Empty Nest is when the lovelies move too far away from home. I don't like it. Not one little bit.
- BFF's daughter got engaged! It's about to get real busy up in here! BFF also had a birthday this week! So it really has been busy around her house. I'm going to take her out to lunch next week after things settle down a bit from the engagement and the graduation--her daughter also graduated with a dual masters. It was after graduation that the boy proposed to her. And then it was birthday time. It's really more like family with our families- we've known one another for over 20 years! Goodness! So we are all quite excited!
That's it for me! Hope y'all have a fantastically fun family filled Memorial Day weekend! Be safe out there!