Now I have to struggle through the heat of spring and summer. But I'm going to try and do it with a positive attitude. After all, we have so many great things to look forward to in our family in the coming months!
1. Do you play games of luck/chance for money? Have you ever played bingo for money? Visited a casino? Placed a bet on a horse? Bought a lottery ticket? No. No. Yes. No. No. That yes on the casino is just that I visited not that I bet or played anything. I was only 12. Ha! I don't play betting games or buy lottery tickets. I have a reason and y'all are going to think I'm crazy but I'll tell you anyway...you know, in the Bible, where the soldiers cast lots for Jesus' clothes while he was hanging there on the cross? Well, that's why I don't bet. And it doesn't bother me when other people buy the tickets and so on, I just can't bring myself to do it. See? Crazy. Also crazy because, up until now, only a slight handful of people know this about me.
2. Will you be preparing and/or dining on the traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage meal this St. Patrick's Day? Mashed-baked-hash browned-french fried...your favorite way to have potatoes? Oh my NO! I HATE (yes, I'm using the H-word) corned beef. Cabbage, I love. Corned beef- NO. And it stinks too. UGH. Just the thought made my nose crinkle up. I love potatoes anyway they come. I'm just not eating them right now.
3. What's the last thing you felt 'green with envy' over? Ha. Funny. I don't think I get green with envy anymore.
4. What's at the end of your rainbow? Happiness.
5. March 12th marks the anniversary of the death of Anne Frank (June 12, 1929-March, 1945). Anne's diary detailing her time spent hiding from the Nazi's during the war ranks as one of the best selling books of all time. Besides your blog, do you keep any sort of diary or journal? Was this a habit you developed as a child or is journaling something new for you? I do keep a daily journal. I kept a few growing up but they were destroyed long ago. I started keeping one in July of 2010 just after my MIL passed away. She kept a journal and we all enjoyed reading them when she passed so I decided to start keeping one. I've not missed a day since.
6. What's an item in your home or closet that contains every color of the rainbow? When my MIL was sick I knitted her a Creation throw. It sort of has those colors. The husband brought it back over here after she passed. Everything else in my closet is pretty much black, gray and white. And the colors in the house range from autumn shades to beachy.
7. Write a limerick with you as the subject. You can do it!! Just remember this is a family friendly blog...don't make me get out my wooden spoon.
There once was a woman from the south
Who had four lovely daughters with loud mouths.
Noo, that's not good...just kidding girls..:)
There once was a cheerful young girl
Whose hair had nary a curl.
She moved to the coast when grad school was over
And decided to spend all her days in the clover.
She rolled and she rolled and had a nice time and discovered four sweet little pearls.
Yes, it's terrible. But limericks are haaard! And, yes, I'm whining. My students have taught me well. LOL
8. Insert your own random thought here. My dad's birthday was Monday and my mother's is today. So- Happy Birthday Parents!
That's it for me! Now, y'all get out there and share the love with all the other Hodge Podgers!