That's the problem with putting the word "everyone" in the mix. Not everyone has these issues or makes these mistakes or sees them as mistakes.
Here are some of the mistakes the author listed followed by my responses:
- "We think our kids will listen to our voice mail messages." Nope. I don't think so at all. And it's because the only one in our family who will listen to a voice mail message is the husband. None of do because we just hate voice mail.
- "We think our kids should like our music (because it's better)." Nope. I've always left their music preferences up to each individual lovely. To be honest, they actually do like a lot of my music. AND, I like a lot of theirs. But, to be honest, we don't consider any of the music we love as mine or theirs. It's just music and it's out there for everyone to enjoy.
- "We wear yoga pants with a VPL (if you don't know what this is, you are so not 50.)" I'm OVER 50 and I had to Google VPL.
- "We are sure that our partners is the only one in the bed that snores." There are 3 adults and one dog in this house. Every single one of us snores."
- "We keep trying out thongs thinking that this time, they'll be comfortable." Nope. I've never tried one because I don't like it when I get a wedgie. Knowing this, why would I purposely wear something that gives me one? I'm just not that stupid.
- "We still ask our significant others, "does this make me look fat?"" Absolutely not. I've never asked it and probably never will. First, I look fat in everything because I AM fat. Second, like I'm going to ask HIM? Ha!
- "We comment on our kids' (or their friends') Facebook posts." Yes. I also comment on other people's post on Facebook. But not near as much as they comment on mine. Oh and, regarding the lovelies' friends and Facebook? They have to friend me if they want to be Facebook friends. I do not impose myself on them.
- "We think we can continue to wear the same bra size we wore at 30." Sure. If I was a total idiot. Which I'm not.
- "We dress too young (no, the blinged out low rider jeans are not age appropriate) or too old (matronly is not an "in" look)." Again, no. I dress like a teacher. Because, I'm a teacher. LOL
- "We think we can do the same things in the same amount of time we needed when we were 30." No I don't. Some things I'm faster at doing now because I've become so efficient at it and other things I'm slower, because I'm older. And I weigh more.
- "We try to read a menu (or anything) without reading glasses." No way dude. I know I can't, so I don't.
- We still read Cosmopolitan Magazine if it happens to be hanging around." I've probably read a Cosmo magazine 3 or 4 times in my entire life. And for about 15 minutes per time. I'm not a Cosmo fan, never have been. Probably never will be.