I am listening to sleet coming down now as I put the finishing touches on this post. I love the sound of sleet. There is a fine dusting of snow so far and I'm not sure if we'll get more snow or just the icy stuff. The bridges are closed so no one can really go anywhere around here because, well, we're coastal and there are bridges every ten feet. LOL
And, to top it all off, it's time for the Hodgepodge! Win-Win!
1. It's been said that one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day. Do you think that's true? Do you find that an easy exercise most mornings? What's something positive you told yourself today? If you missed that boat, what's something positive you could tell yourself tomorrow? I don't really start the day with a positive thought, it's more like I start the day looking for positives and being very aware of any negative that tries to creep into my mind so that I can ward it off. It's quite helpful in keeping my attitude positive.
2. There will be karaoke at the next party you attend...are you in? Or will you be faking a sore throat? It depends on how much I've had to drink. LOL Either way, I won't fake a sore throat. I'm not embarrassed to tell people I suck at singing.
3. January 29th is National Puzzle Day...what's something found puzzling recently? Not much new. And, the things I do find puzzling would take longer to get into than this blog post. :)
4. Jigsaw, crossword, acrostic, logic, sudoku, word search...what's your favorite kind of puzzle, and when did you last work one? Logic puzzles are my favorites. I worked some a few go.
5. Recently a writer by the name of Amy Glass ruffled feathers with a post she wrote saying she looks down on young women with husbands and kids and she's not sorry. Among other things, she says women will be equal with men when we stop saying house work and real work are equally important. You can read the whole piece by clicking here.
What say you? Do you think men and women are equal in the 21st century? Why or why not? The best thing is to NOT get me started on this. My views come fast and fervent and, again, need a longer venue than a blog post.
6. What's a product you've noticed in the grocery store that you'd like to try, but haven't yet? Can't think of one. If I see something like this, I pretty much go ahead and give a try.
However, one year Breezy and Deanie were Alice and The White Rabbit for Halloween. Are they cute or what? :)
8. Insert your own random thought here. People, in case y'all missed it at the beginning: WE'RE HAVING A SNOW DAY!!! That means no school. That means gorgeous scenery. That means cozy inside with Bailey's Irish Cream. That means I am one happy camper. ONE! HAPPY! CAMPER!
On the other hand, I'm reading on Facebook about all these people turning their heat up to 74 and above and I just want to smack them. I've always heard that when enough people do that it puts way to much stress on the system and we lose power. Combine that with the wind and ice and I kind of want to go smack some of these people. They say that if they lose power and their houses are hot, they'll stay warm until the power comes back on. Can't wait to hear them complain about their next electric bill.
Are you having a snow day?