That also means there's loads of time to read everyone's Hodgepodge answers!
1.What makes love last? I can't speak for everyone, but I would just like to know that I am number one. I think that would be a very good way to make love last. Hard to say though. I'll just wait and see what everyone else has to say on this one.
2. The Beatles made their US debut fifty years ago this week. Are you a fan? If so, what's your favorite Beatles tune? I am a fan though not a lose my mind over them kind of fan. I was not even in elementary school when they hit the states but my older cousins listened to them and that's how I became a fan. I was more of a Motown gal. Birdie is an avid Beatles fan. AVID. I can't even tell y'all how much she loves them. I don't have a favorite but I have about 10 that are all tied for first place. LOL
3. Valentine's Day-your thoughts? Do you celebrate in any way? Do anything special for the people you love? Expect anything special from the people who love you? I don't expect anything from anyone and that's just what I get. :) I don't celebrate it. I did make something for a friend and the lovelies but that's all I'll do. When the lovelies were growing up I went all out for them but I did that for every holiday.
4. Steak or burger...you have to choose. Now that that's settled, how do you like it? Burger if it's veggie or, on occasion, turkey. When I used to eat steak I took it WELL done.
5. The Hodgepodge lands on the birthdate (February 12th) of Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the United States of America. Lincoln is quoted as saying,'Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test his character give him power.' Do you agree? Why or why not? Ha! Amen to that. It's obvious, throughout history, that once someone comes into power, they become corrupt. I'm sure there's one or two out there who have remained people of integrity. But I don't know them.
6. Honest Abe's image is featured on the US penny (1 cent coin) so I'm wondering...what do you do with your pennies (or your country's equivalent)? It's been suggested the US stop making the penny, and two bills have been introduced proposing just that, but neither were approved. What say you? I put them in a jar whenever I have them. With debit cards, who really has pennies anymore? As to the bill...I can't say that I care one way or the other.
7. Do you think pop culture deserves serious study? Maybe. I know I'd be interested in knowing why people think some of the music and television programs are entertaining instead of what I think they are---degrading and stupid. Are we really becoming that lazy minded and busy that we have no desire to demand better? Are we becoming that shallow?
8. Insert your own random thought here. Monday, I wore 'springy' clothes and flip flops to school. Yesterday, the high was 37 degrees. Today we're having freezing rain. Congratulations, Mother Nature. My throat is scratchy and I feel icky. Come on now! Let's let winter be winter. Sheesh.
Don't misunderstand- I am LOVING this winter weather. I just want the spring type to stay the heck away until, oh....spring.
To those of you getting the MAJOR icing from this storm- stay safe!