Anyway, it's the middle of the week which means only two more work days AND---the Hodgepodge!
1. Are we always responsible for our actions? Are there any exceptions? I believe that we ARE always responsible for our actions. No matter what happens, we have a choice in how we will react. We are the ones who make the choice, no one makes it for us. I know a lot of people believe that others force our hand but, even then, it's our choice to let them do so.
2. Has anyone from your home town become famous? Not that I know of. Hang on, I'll go to the Guru (i.e., Google)...No one popped up on the Google. But we do have famous people visit here all the time.
3. January was National Slow Cooker month. Do you own a slow cooker/crock pot? Did you use it last month? What's a favorite dish you make using a slow cooker or crock pot? I do own a crock pot. I did use it last month. I don't really have a favorite recipe. I just like using it to cook whatever it is long and slow so I can savor the aroma.
4. How do you feel about private companies collecting data about you? I don't think that I'm nearly as bothered as I should be. The problem is that I just don't have that much that they can get their hands on. I feel like I have many, many other things that I need to get upset about right now. Some things are just going to happen, whether we like it or not, in this world that is becoming more and more reliant on technology.
5. The Games of the 2014 Winter Olympics kick off with their opening ceremony this coming Friday....will you be watching? Which Winter Olympic event would you most like to see in person? Have you ever been to Russia? Any desire to go, Olympics or otherwise? I won't be watching. I'm not a fan of the Olympics. Football is over and that's the end of my relationship with athletes until August. With the exception of March Madness, of course. I have no desire to see any Olympic event in person. I have never been to Russia and have no desire to go.
6. Share a good or bad sports related memory from your childhood or teen years. Well, from the time I was VERY young, I wanted to be a linebacker for the Dallas Cowboys when I grew up. I was crushed when I was told that girls couldn't play for the Cowboys. I had one uncle though, who told me I could do anything I wanted to do- even play for the Cowboys. :)
7. What's a must have song for you on a work out play list? If you don't work out, run, swim, bike, walk, or anything else that could be construed as 'exercise', then what's a song that movtivates you to at least get up off the couch? My motivational playlist is quite lengthy, not to mention diverse, because it all depends on my mood and what the exercise will be that day. AND, the problem with a lot of them is that I tend to start dancing instead of walking or running or whatever. Like when this one comes on:
8. Insert your own random thought here. I'm in week 3 of my mindful meditation experiment. This is my favorite week so far. I will be posting about it soon. I've recently discovered that we have a Faculty Wellness Room at school. I've started going in there at lunch for a little refreshment meditation. I have fought off meditation for years. My brilliance is truly blinding. Sheesh.
Meanwhile, the wedding plans are coming along nicely. As a matter of fact, I think we're nearly there--- right, Bestie? Or am I delusional? We're not quite in countdown mode yet- but we only have 3 months and less than 2 weeks to go. Or something like that. I've secured the photo booth and my Mother of the Bride outfit, so I'm good. LOL