- I am way more patient than I thought. I rediscover this every single time 5th graders come into the lab.
- March is going to be a loooong month with zero days off. And 5th graders coming into the lab.
- There are some wonderful teachers out there who are cut out to teach 5th grade. I am not one of them.
- I thought kindergarten teachers had the hardest job at school. I was wrong. It's the teachers of 5th graders.
- When a 5th grade teacher drops her students off and says to you, "Good luck," that's a red flag and it means, "RUN for you life!"
- It's disheartening when there is a field trip for 4th and 5th graders and you think they won't be back in time for 5th grade to come to special area but they are.
- That thoughts of various uses for duct tape actually DO wander through my mind at times.
- 5th graders develop a smart ass attitude during the second semester. It's not pleasant.
- 5th grade boys will laugh at anything and everything. Regardless. Literally.
- 5th grade boys are a little bit stupid. Not academically speaking. But in their actions.
- Teachers of 5th graders look like they are teachers of 5th graders. So do parents.
- Public school originated by parents of 5th graders.
- That I am not afraid to whip out my 'mommy' voice from time to time when 5th graders are present. It can be a lot more authoritative than my 'teacher' voice.
- I will stoop to saying to a 5th grader, "You realize that I know your mother, right?"
- Why teachers of 5th graders drink.
- Teachers of 5th graders should be allowed to have vodka at school.
- Xanax should be shared freely and generously with teachers of 5th graders.
It was a four day work week at school. Every single minute lasted for three minutes. Couple that with 5th graders and you have a valid-legitimate-unequivocal reason to take up drinking.
As a matter of fact, they should lock you up if you don't!
What did you discover this week?