Today you're in for a real treat because it's Hodgepodge day!
1. What summer activity most takes you back to your own childhood? This is related to my summer blog posts. I'm quite nostalgic this summer so all of my posts are centered around that nostalgia. The most recent things that have taken me back are the afternoon thunderstorms we've been having.
3. It's beach season in the US of A...so how do you feel about sand? I like it between my toes while walking on the beach. And that's it.
4. Sun tea, SunChips, sunflower seeds, Capri Sun, Sunny Delight, Sun-Maid raisins, sun-dried tomatoes...your favorite food or beverage with sun in its name? Does a hot fudge SUNdae count? LOL
5. What's your favorite way to cool off on a hot summer day? Sitting under the ceiling fan with the AC turned way down. After a cold shower, of course.
6. Share a favorite song with the word sun or sunshine in it's title. How 'bout this one?
7. Tell us about a time you had an exceedingly good or truly awful customer service experience. If it was awful, did you report it? Ever go back there again? I find that I rarely, very rarely, experience bad customer service. I'd say that 99% of the time it's really good. I always report it if it's good. On that rare occasion that it isn't good, whether or not I report it depends on the circumstances. You know, if I think the person is just having a bad day or something, I generally just let it go. It would have to be AWFUL for me to report it. We don't know what motivates others. Why should they be punished or lose their jobs because someone at home was mean to them or someone close to them is ill or dying or whatever? No, I mostly let that stuff go. Now, if I go back and have the same thing happen another time or two, THAT'S a different story.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I've been promising that I would post the professional pictures from Birdie's wedding. And I probably will. The thing is, even though there are many, many good ones from which to choose, none of them are any better than the ones I took. Seriously. if you and your daughter are planning a wedding and you find a photographer who is only going to charge $500, there is a reason for that.
I tried to make this point with Birdie but she wanted to use this guy because he took the photos of her then future SIL and, because she insisted on paying for it, she wanted to go cheap...I mean, inexpensive. I offered to pay for a photographer but she had other things she wanted to help with. So she went with her guy. And now we have 1600 mediocre photos.
Luckily, a lot of the shots are fun and funny and all that. There just aren't any that are of professional quality. Anyway, I'm trying to put together a slide show for y'all. What do y'all use to make slideshows?