1. Since you weren't Hodgepodging last Wednesday, how did you pass the time? I sat on my rear and watched HGTV. Property Brothers to be exact. And Love It Or List It Too. It's an addiction from which I must be cured. SOON!
2. What's the first word that comes to mind when I say marriage? Yes, one word. UGH. Is that a word? Maybe I'll just stop there. :)
3. Summer officially arrives in the Northern hemishpere later this week. Does it feel like summer where you live? Describe your idea of the perfect summer day. It's felt like summer here since last month. My perfect summer days now involve sitting in front of HGTV in the air conditioning. Widely different from the perfect summer day of my childhood. I don't think I ever watched television in the summers of my youth. We didn't waste one single minute of our summer days. They were filled with fun and laughter and playing outside and going to the pool and chasing fireflies...just good fun spent outside from sun up to sun down.
4. "Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability."(Sam Keen) Is laziness ever respectable? Do you have a lazy summer planned, or something semi-ambitious? I'm livin' it people. And it is NOT respectable at all. It's frustrating and confusing and a hard habit to break. Then again, when it is deep summer and the heat and humidity get the best of us, then yes, laziness does find respectability.
5. Past or present, who's your favorite television dad? Why is he a favorite? Is he anything like your own dad? Bill Cosby and he is just like my dad! They even have similar mannerisms! LOVE me some Cos!
6. June 18th is International Picnic Day...share a favorite picnic memory. All of the ones shared with the lovelies on the beach in the summers while they were growing up. Many, many picnics did we enjoy in those days!
7. The travel site Trip Advisor lists the top five islands in the world for 2014 as-Ambergris Caye in Belize Cayes, Providenciales in Turks and Caicos, Bora Bora in French Polynesia, Marco Island Florida, and Lewis and Harris in The Outer Hebrides (Scotland). Have you been to any of these? Of those listed (and if price were not a factor) which would you most like to book for a holiday? I have not been to any of those and am not really interested in visiting any of them. Especially none that are hotter than I already am here in Charleston, SC. However, since I hail from Scottish heritage, I shall choose The Outer Hebrides.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Seriously, y'all, I have GOT to stop being lazy around here. I constantly feel like I am waiting for something. Though I have no idea what it is. There are so many things I hope to accomplish this summer and I've done NONE OF IT. I suppose I could blame it on the heat and humidity but most of the things I need to do are inside. In the AC. Plus, we always get a nice sea breeze since we life so close to the beach. Who am I kidding? I have no excuse. NONE.
I shall spend this next week searching for my motivation. Have y'all seen it, by chance?