Meanwhile, let's sit back and enjoy our time by joining in on the Hodgepodge!
1. Speaking of 180...when was the last time you 'did a 180' on something? I'm not sure about this one. I'm so anal about making sure before setting my mind on something that this doesn't happen most of the time. I know I have done a 180 before, just can't remember on what.
2. It's Independence Week in the US of A! What's your favorite thing about America right this very minute? Favorites only! Let's hear what you love about America. Our soccer team! They showed such tremendous competitive spirit and a 'neversaydie' attitude! If that isn't what you meant, I'm going with our history. I just love American history! It's one of the main reasons I moved to Charleston, SC in the first place.
If you're playing along today, and you're not an American but have been to America, what do/did you like best about this country? If you've never been to America, do you have any desire to visit? What's the number one thing you'd like to see?
3. Stars or stripes? Red, white, or blue? Watermelon, homemade vanilla ice cream, or blueberry pie? Stripes, RED and a tie between watermelon and homemade vanilla ice cream!
4. When did you last see stars, figuratively speaking? I can't really remember a time. Which is a good thing if it's been so long since I hit my head that hard. Or a bad thing if the bonk was so hard I can't remember. LOL
5. 'Clear as a bell', 'with bells on', 'lots of bells and whistles', 'saved by the bell'...which phrase 'rings' truest for you lately? Have you ever seen The Liberty Bell? Clear as a bell. Because it has become abundantly clear that, not only am I not a caregiver, I HATE being put in the position of being one and quickly become resentful towards the one needing the care. It is also abundantly clear that those who are caregivers BY CHOICE should have crowns and thrones awaiting them in Heaven. And no, I have never seen the Liberty Bell.
6. Are you caught up in World Cup fever? Have you watched a lot or a little or none at all? That would be a GINORMOUS Hell to the Y!E!S! or just reference my response to # 2. :)
7. Bid farewell to June in 10 words or less. Farewell friend, I'm so sorry to see you go.
8. Insert your own random thought here. DoodleBug has been applying for teaching positions and she got the one she wanted! She'll be teaching CD (her favorite, NOT mine...LOL) at a school up the road a bit from my school! We're so excited!!! And now I get to set up my lab AND her classroom. Look at the cute valances I found:
She LOVES ladybugs and I thought these would be perfect! DoodleBug agrees! How exciting to be able to help a first year teacher! I love her enthusiasm and I hope it doesn't get squashed anytime soon. Y'all know what I mean by that.