The weather dudes tell us we're going to only have highs in the 80s for the next week or two. I'm not holding my breath, but I sure hope they're right. This time.
Meanwhile, there's the Hodgepodge to keep us all entertained!
2. Are you a fan of auto racing-NASCAR, Indy, Stock, Grand Prix, etc? Ever been to a race in person? Any desire to do this? Do you know a lot about cars? Do you notice particular makes and models when you're out and about? No. No. No. Sort of. No.
3. What's something you think is too serious to be joked about? Or do you think anything and everything is fair game? This is an interesting question. When I was a teenager and young adult I ADORED SNL (Saturday Night Live). That was back in the day of the really funny folks- Chevy Chase, Dan Aykroyd, John Belushi, Gilda Radner, etc. It was hilarious! I stopped watching it years ago--somewhere around the mid to late 80s (post Eddie Murphy) because, in my opinion, world events as well as national events were getting way to scary and serious to be funny in any way/shape/form. I am also not a fan of racial jokes or jokes about people with learning disabilities or of religion. I'm sure there are more but these are my top ones. When I hear those, I just walk away or turn off the television or whatever. Although, there might have been a time or two that I might have had something to say to someone about poor taste. Let's just leave it at that.
4. July 29th is National Lasagna Day. Are you a fan? Do you have a great recipe, and if so where did it come from? If given a choice would you choose a plate of lasagna or a plate of spaghetti? YES! YES! It came from the old Betty Crocker red plaid cookbook--my mother's-- it's fabulous! I'll take the lasagna!
5. What's a simple pleasure you'd miss if it were not a regular part of your life? The ocean breeze that blows most mornings. I love sitting on the deck with my eyes closed and feeling the breeze blow across me. It smells good too.
6. If you could be the CEO of any company, which would you choose? I would be the CEO of Monsanto. So I could shut them down!
7. August is just around the bend...bid farewell to July in exactly seven words. You were way too hot to handle!
8. Insert your own random thought here. The new blog is up and running. Empty Nest will still be here because it's my first blog baby and it's probably not for all tastes. But, Grinding My Grits had its debut yesterday! Give me a visit/follow if you'd like!
Have a great week, y'all! Let's go eat some lasagna!