SO- we're getting close to the end of my summer-sensations-nostalgic posts. LOL Just a couple more posts to go- this one and the favorite feels one and I'll be done. Until I discover that I have more nostalgia related issues to work through. :)
Here are my top ten favorite summer tastes:
1. Watermelon!!! Always will be on this list!
2. The salt on my lips from the ocean breeze.
3. Tomatoes fresh from the garden. They always take me back to summer days eating slices of tomatoes on my Grandmother's biscuits made from scratch, daily!
4. Lemonade and tea (I didn't put the 'sweet' part because, down here in the south, there is no such thing as tea that isn't sweet) mixed together. Half and half!
5. Ice cream! Especially if it's home churned. And peach!
6. Cherries! I can eat them until I'm sick!
7. Corn on the cob! So sweet! I am particularly fond of the kind that is so sweet you don't have to use butter or anything else on it!
8. Saltwater taffy. My Grandmother LOVED that stuff. I ate it because she did. And now, I'll get it sometimes just to take me back...
9. Coca-Cola in a glass bottle with Tom's peanuts in it. I don't drink sodas anymore but this was my favorite treat at the pool snack bar when I was a kid.
10. Anything grilled. While grilling can be done anytime, food just tastes better off the grill during the summer months.
Ok, SHARE! I want to know all about your favorite summer tastes!