I hope all our friends who have had sever weather are safe and sound. I'm writing this on Tuesday and the storms are headed our way. Usually, they dissipate before getting to us due to our close proximity to the ocean. But you never know.
Anyway, on to the Hodgepodge.
2. Waffle iron, toaster, coffee maker, mixer, blender...which small appliance would you say most needs replacing in your house? None. They're all good.
3. It's National Grouch Day (October 15)...what's something that makes you feel grouchy? Pretty sure that day was named for ME. Ha!
4. Ever been to Canada? Is that a country you'd like to visit? According to Trip Advisor, the top ten best destinations in Canada are-Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City, Victoria, Calgary, Niagara on the Lake, Niagara Falls, Whistler, and Halifax. Which city would you most like to see? I have been to Canada. I attended a conference in Toronto while in grad school, eons ago. I would love to check out Vancouver.
5. What was your favorite food (or one of your favorites) when you were a child? Is that still a favorite? Anything my grandmother cooked. As soon as I think it was her fried chicken, I think it was her chicken pot pie. As soon as I think chicken pot pie, I think it was her chicken and dumplings. As soon as I think chicken and dumplings, I think it was her vegetable beef soup. And so on and so on and so on. And yes, they would all still be my favorites were she alive today.
6. Do you cry easily? In real life, no. I hate for people to see me cry and to think that they have that kind of control over me. Plus, I see crying, in myself, as a sign of weakness so I don't do it much. In others, it doesn't bother me. I do not like to appear vulnerable to anyone, ever. However, when sentimentality is involved. Then, yes.
7. Have you started your (gasp!) Christmas shopping? If so when, and how much? If not, when will you even begin thinking about it? Nope. But I did buy myself a mini vacay to the NC mountains starting December 26. Just the dog and I. Can. Not. Wait.
8. Insert your own random thought here. It's birthday week here. Birdie turned 26 yesterday. 26. Twenty. Six. Ouch. I made a JibJab video in honor of this birthday. Y'all can view it on yesterday's post.
Election day is coming up. There is NO ONE for whom to vote. Guess I'll have to write my own name in for every office. I'm joking. Sort of. I don't think I would do any worse than the powers that be.
Have a great rest of the week, y'all!