But for now, I'll try to contain my excitement and answer the challenging questions on the Hodgepodge. Yep. Joyce has done it to us again. Get your thinking caps on and join in the fun!
1. Elizabeth Lawrence is quoted as saying, 'Even if something is left undone, everyone must take time to sit still and watch the leaves turn." So have you done just that? And what did you leave undone in order to do so? I leave an awful lot left undone when school is in session. I just don't have the time or energy (mainly the energy) to do anything. I can't watch the leaves turn because so few do that down here. It's one of the main things I miss about living in the upstate. But I do sit and enjoy whatever is in front of me. Usually it's Tucker. This reminds me that my granddaddy always used to tell my grandmother, and my parents when I came along, that the house could wait but spending time with children could not.
3. How hard is it for you to 'turn the other cheek?' It depends on the situation and the who and whether or not it's a repeat offense. Most of the time it's pretty easy because people are going to do what they are going to do and there's nothing we can do to change that so why stoop to that level. But there are times when it is far from easy.
4. When did you last turn a drawer, your car, a room, or your entire house upside down looking for something? Did you find it? Last night. Looking for those $%^& 9 volt batteries I bought on Sunday and put away so the other people in the house wouldn't take them. And, no. I still haven't found them. I'm a good hider.
5. 'One good turn deserves another'...were you most recently on the giving or receiving end of that sentiment? I'm not sure which end I was on since this happens all the time up at school. I get lost in it. Plus, no one keeps score.
6. Red, yellow, and orange are the colors of fall. Also the colors of fruit. If you were permitted only one color of fruit in your diet, which would you choose? This question isn't as easy as it sounds, at least not for me. That's a tough one. I would say red except I'd really miss lemons and oranges and I'd miss yellow apples, my favorites. If I said yellow or orange I'd miss watermelon and strawberries and red grapes. If I said yellow, I'd miss out on oranges and strawberries and watermelon...well, you get the idea. SO--- I'd find a magic wand and change all the fruit to my favorite color, red, and never have to give up on any of the fruits I love. :) How's that for avoidance?
7. The Hunt for Red October, October Sky, Halloween...which 'October' film is your favorite? I've never seen a movie with 'October' in the title that I liked BUT, I do love The Legend of Sleepy Hollow with Johnny Depp and Hocus Pocus. Do those count?
8. Insert your own random thought here. Guess who has the day off on Friday? Guess who is really excited about that? Hahahaha What am I going to do? Whatever the heck I want to do, that's what. And I hope that the weather cooperates so that Tucker and I can spend tons of that time outside. Foraging through the woods watching what few leaves we have change color and flutter, swirling down to the ground. Enjoying cool weather and oversized sweaters. Sipping hot apple cider and maybe a bit of fall baking. And then, of course, football on Saturday and Sunday. Haha Yes, I'm sure I'll find some way to spend a three day weekend in the middle of October.
Have a great rest of the week, y'all!