I never knew how difficult this decision would be.
We've run through a bunch of them to no avail. MeMaw won't do because I don't particularly love it for myself and that's what the lovelies called my MIL. Mimi won't do because that's what the lovelies call my mother. MawMaw won't do because that's what the lovelies call my step-mother.
So we thought of other grandmother names.
- Granny. NOT. Going. To. Happen.
- Gigi. Supposedly a very Charleston thing to call one's grandmother but there was this girl in high school named Gigi and I was not a fan of hers so, no.
- Grammy. I feel almost the same way about this one as I do about Granny.
- Nana. Nope.
- Nonna. Doesn't suit.
- Nonny. You're kidding, right?
- Granmama. Ha! No.
- Bunny, Cookie, Gabby, Honey. Puh-leeze.
- Yaya. This one is still being held for consideration.
- G'Ma. What is that? Text lingo for Grandmother?
- Lady. Ok, that's what DoodleBug calls me and there IS a story, though I won't go into it right now. So this is still a contender.
None of these suit me.
I am going to be in big trouble if and when those grands start coming. I guess they could say, "Hey you!"
The only two that I am still considering are Yaya and Lady.
My question for y'all is: What are your ideas for this?????
Help me out here. I can't have the grands calling me 'that woman with no name.'