Luckily, the cooler days outnumber the warm ones and we've got the Hodgepodge to entertain us!
1. We celebrate Veteran's Day in the US of A on November 11th. When did you last interact with a member of the armed forces (either currently serving or retired)? Have you ever written a letter to a soldier, bought a meal or coffee for a solider, said an unprompted thank you to a soldier you encountered out and about somewhere? If you're not in the US, comment on a similar holiday in your own country. I interact with a retired member every time I spend time with my brother or my uncle, a cousin or two and then the ladies who work at our school who are retired military. I did write Christmas cards to soldiers back in elementary school.
2. You can have fifty pounds of anything at all (except money)...what would you choose? I'd like to donate 50 pounds of fat. It is coming up on the season for giving after all. And it IS better to give than to receive. Does that count?
3. When did you last receive an invitation in the 'real' mail? What was it for and did you attend? When it comes to RSVP-ing, are you an 'early responder' or a 'last minute, barely-under-the-wire' kind of guest? It was either a wedding or a shower... I think it was a shower. I am an early responder because I appreciate the need to know the head count.
4. What's something you really don't like to waste? Lots of things but, first on my list is: TIME. It's a pet peeve, actually. And it's probably best not to get me started on the subject. Cause I can go. And go. And go. And go.
5. Cheers, Friends, MASH, Seinfeld...of the ones listed, your favorite long-running sitcom? That's a tough one. My favorites are not on the list. I'd say, since these are my choices, it would be a toss up between Cheers and M.A.S.H.
6. What decision are you glad you made? The decision to have a big-ish family. I do love my lovelies!
7. In this month of 'Thanksgiving' what is one thing that's different today than it was a year ago that you're grateful for? Birdie's marriage to SpendiferousSIL! What a great couple they are! I'm grateful they have what they have with each other. It's so....just right.
8. Insert your own random thought here. It's coming on Christmas...er. I mean Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving. It's one of the best holidays we have. Actually, I'm happy and carefree from Halloween until after Christmas. And I do enjoy each holiday in its own right. But I do start listening to Christmas songs November 1. Because I love them and they are part of my Thanksgiving tradition as well as my Christmas tradition. Plus, I'm putting a more-determined-than-ever effort into my Christmas wish this year. So I need the right frame of mind. The right spirit. My iPod is fully loaded and this year's Christmas music starter is James Taylor's At Christmas. I'll leave y'all with my favorite from this particular album.
Have a marvelous rest of the week, y'all! And be thinking of those Christmas wishes!