Meanwhile, it's Hodgepodge day and that makes every week nice!
1. What is one new holiday tradition you'd like to establish, or one you've established recently, say in the last year or two? Ha! You do not change tradition in this family. The lovelies just won't have it. They like things the way they are and THAT is THAT. Y'all should have been here in the early 90s when I wanted to change from a turkey for Christmas dinner to prime rib. You'd have thought I was killing people. IF I was going to change something though, we would stop giving gifts to one another and focus on the homeless and orphans downtown. That's what I've been wanting to do for years but, so far, I've got no takers.
2. It's the second week of December. Have you sipped a cup of eggnog yet this month? Wrapped a gift? Opened a gift? Kissed someone under the mistletoe? Lit a candle? Eaten a Christmas cookie? Seen Santa in person? Watched a Christmas movie or special? Read scripture relating to the birth of Jesus? Eggnog is NASTY so, no. I haven't wrapped yet because school is still in session and I like to be finished there before I start wrapping. The rest of them all get a 'nope' except the one about watching a Christmas movie. I do that on a daily basis!
3. Do you think it's better to be an adult or a child at Christmastime? Explain. I think I'd rather be a kid at Christmas. I miss that level of anticipation. And, when I was a kid, I didn't have the dread of it being over hovering overhead.
4. It's often said, 'Good things come to those who wait'...agree or disagree? Why? Sometimes. But, I also know that, if you wait too long, you miss out. Being patient is one thing. Sitting around and waiting on things to fall out of the sky and into your lap is a whole different story.
5. What's the last sweet thing you baked? Did you keep it, take it to a party/event, or give it away? Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I kept some and took some to school.
6. This question comes to us courtesy of Jhona who blogs over at The Red House at the End of the Lane. Everyone hop over and say hi to Jhona this week! Here is her question... "I heard an actor talk about how he makes a conscious choice to talk to people in elevators. He chooses to connect, make eye contact, and converse. Do you talk to people/strangers when you're in an elevator or any other place where you might have to wait together? Why or why not?" I am WAAAAAY too busy freaking out over being in an elevator to converse with someone. I will chat while waiting in line and in an office waiting for an appointment.
7. Are you on the naughty or nice list this year? What put you there? Naughty. My attitude.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Not much running through this tired head of mine right now. But, look who made Rolling Stone! That's my Deanie girl right there in the middle with her sweet boy on her left (your right). Seriously, if you haven't heard them and they come to your area, go. They are quite talented! Especially the drummer. :)
Have a great rest of the week, y'all!