1. Do you think that people actually read the articles before they post the links on their Facebook pages? I understand that taglines are used to attract people. We are often drawn to an article based on taglines alone. What I do not understand is why some taglines are complete lies. In the following article, the writer got the story wrong. Or chose not to write the 'exact' truth. In the hopes of what? Making everyone who didn't bother to watch the video report sound stupid? Or does the writer lack listening comprehension skills? Not that the video makes me feel any better about the story, but it's still not what the writer relayed as truth. Exactly. Here's the link to the article. And here's the video.
I understand the desire to get information about injustices out there for others to learn about and, hopefully, take action in an effort to make changes. But, no one is going to keep listening if you misrepresent yourself and the situation. Way too often, we get caught up because without hearing the whole story. We hear the beginning and assume the rest.
2. Do you think that every single person carries some sort of secret them every single day? Do you think releasing those secrets can have a positive impact on others? A creative impact?
3. Do you think that people use words correctly all the time? I have discovered words that I have been using wrong for YEARS just by subscribing to Dicitonary.com's word of the day. A subscription that I am seriously considering dropping. Except that, if I do, how will I know if I am misusing other words? It's a conundrum. No, it's a quandary. Wait...a delimma. A predicament? A quagmire? Good grief.
4. Do you think that anyone truly understands poetry, or is it just my head that it flies over in such great heights? Or is that we should just enjoy and appreciate the rhythm and language without trying for meaning because that is, in reality, the poet's game? Hmmm...
5. Do you think that the powers that be will ever stop making decisions regarding education and let the teachers teach? Nope. That would mean applying common sense and that simply will not happen. Ever.
6. Do you think the song, I Think I Love You, is the worst song ever written? Or is it The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow? Pretty sure they're tied for first. WORST SONGS EVER!
8. Do you think some people get drunk or stoned or smoke the crack pipe before going to the barber? (from BuzzFeed)
9. Do you think about the vastness and wonder of space? And that it's truly amazing that we can photograph some of it? (NASA)
10. Do you think that adult kids who move back into the house ever move back out? Ever? Sigh.
Well, what do y'all think?