These Wednesdays sure do seem to come around quickly, don't they? It's probably because we all love the Hodgepodge so much!
1. Share a favorite song, book, or movie title containing the word green? Green Eggs and Ham! Anne of Green Gables! The Green Mile! And, I have an older cousin who listened to this one a lot and I quite enjoyed it as well:
2. Ralph Waldo Emerson is quoted as saying, 'Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.' Would you agree? Are you a believer in luck? I don't believe it luck, per se. I believe we get what we 'ask' for be it good or be it not so good. I guess I'm a cause and effect kind of gal.
3. Spring water, Hot Springs, handspring, spring fling, spring break, spring fever, offspring...which 'spring' word best applies to something in your day, week, or life right now? Spring water. That's all I drink besides coffee and I use spring water for that. And all my cooking. I do not trust the water company. And yes, I check the website to make sure I'm getting spring water and not spigot water from another state.
4. What's something you do to make yourself look or feel more confident? I don't really worry about confidence as I'm confident in most things I do. If I'm not, I don't believe that clothing or hairstyle or anything, really, would boost that particular feeling. I do have a couple of items that I will wear to feel more comfortable at school. Does that count?
5. It's National Celery Month...are you a fan? If so, what's a snack or dish you enjoy that calls for celery? Celery is ok. I don't love it but I don't hate it either. One thing I love, and it's because it's something Dad enjoys and I've always liked what he likes, is pimento cheese on celery. So tasty. I put celery in gumbo and jambalaya and creole. Grandmother put it in her chicken pot pie but I don't because not a single one of us can reproduce her recipe and celery doesn't taste good in mine.
7. Would you like to own a second home? If so where would you want that home to be? No. Though I am ready to sell this one and move to the mountains.
My parents are both 80 years old now! And my aunt turns 86 tomorrow. I can't tell y'all how awesome it is to still have these people with us and in good health! Here's to them all seeing 100, at the very least! Oh, and to my being here to witness it. LOL
Have a great rest of the week, y'all!