1. June is National Great Outdoors Month. Have you spent any time appreciating the great outdoors this month? If so where, and if not do you have any plans to enjoy the great outdoors before the calendar turns? I have been appreciating the great outdoors. We've been going to the beach in the early mornings to catch sunrise and a run. Well, Lovely 4 and Tucker run. I walk. And take pictures.
2. What's a current hot button issue for you? Political campaigns. I'm going to cast my vote for the first candidate who says nothing about another candidate, who refuses to respond when mud is slung by another candidate and who sticks only to the issues they feel are important and what they'd like to see done about them. If one doesn't surface, I'm not voting. I'm sick of this game.
3. What's a food or treat that 'disappears like hotcakes' in your house? Two lovelies moved back in. I can't keep anything that can be eaten in this house.
4. How hot is too hot? Right now is too hot. It's been too hot for me for months now. But when the heat index hits 112, everyone agrees with me. If the temp goes above 70 degrees, it's too hot.
5. Do you have an artistic outlook on life? What does that mean to you? Probably not. I see an artistic outlook as being an easy going, relaxed outlook. This would mean that I am constantly inspired, and I'm not. I'm none of those things. But, if it means that I can see the beauty in nature? Then, yes. If it means that I try to start every day with a clean canvas, sometimes. Perhaps I'm somewhere in the middle.
6. What's one question you'd like to ask your father, or one you wish you could ask your father? I can't think of anything. We're pretty close and talk all the time. I've probably asked everything I've wanted to know when I've wanted to know it.
7. Something you learned from your father? How to look for, and sometimes provide, the humor in life. Not that we don't face serious situations, but Dad has always provided the humor and I've learned that from him. I also learned, from Dad, that it's perfectly fine to respond with, "I don't know."
8. Insert your own random thought here. It's summer so I try not to think at all. I'll just take this space to share a few more beach pix from our early mornings out there. Sometimes it's quite nice living a mere 3.1 miles from the beach.
Have a great rest of the week, y'all!