After school was out, I thought I would go ahead and take the Isagenix plunge. However, I still couldn't justify spending that much money on it AND some of the people who sell that product are pushy. Like used car sales people. If it's more about them making money than understanding and helping people, I'm out. I ended up ordering a container of the chocolate shake and a bottle of their Natural Accelerator from eBay. This was a GREAT idea!
- Dealers are pushy
- sugar content
- chemical content
- Taste (as long as you use almond milk, ONE SCOOP, ice and a blender)
- It is filling
- You can get what you need/want from eBay
- The company does offer a money back guarantee but I have no idea how legit it is or what hoops you have to go through to get your money back.
|These are NASTY.|
Paleo Protein Bars are NOT the answer. I've never tasted anything so nasty in my entire life. EW and YUCK. NEVER again. I'd be much better off making my own. If it wasn't hot and I was motivated. Ha! Nevertheless, these bars are DISGUSTING.
So I added fruit to my plan and used the Atkins bars in case of a sweet tooth emergency. I also kept up with the shakes because, well, I did pay for the container.
I was down two pant sizes when I decided to get serious and have the Isagenix shakes for breakfast and lunch and then eat dinner. I wasn't making the progress I wanted to make. In other words, the fat was not coming off fast enough. It's difficult to tell a huge difference when you're so overweight that it takes 50 or so pounds to really tell a difference other than pant sizes.
Still concerned with the sugar (and chemical) content in the Isagenix, I ordered the free trial of the ALOHA protein powder. They are completely organic and plant based and have only 4 grams of sugar.
And now, I have a taste problem to resolve as these are not that delish.
- They make you sign up for a subscription service whereupon they mail you more of the stuff on a regular basis. The only way to opt out is to call them. (Haven't done that yet.)
- The taste is not great, even with the almond milk.
- They are grainy/gritty even when blended in the Ninja with ice and almond milk.
- There's an after taste that stays with you for a couple of hours.
- You can order a free trial (but the subscription service comes with it)
- You can choose how often to have replacements sent (from every 30 days to every 180 days)
- It is organic and the protein is plant based.
Let me know if you've tried any of this and if you have any good low carb, high protein bar recipes.