1.July 15th is National Give Something Away Day. What can you give away? I'm trying to simplify so, what would you like to have? Will you? Sure! I've boxed up some items for Good Will but I've got a long way yet to go.
2. Do you have a mantra? Please share with the class if you feel comfortable doing so. Yes: Change my thoughts, change my world.
3. Who does the grocery shopping in your house? I do. How many times a week do you shop? That depends on time of year and whether or not I want to go to more than one store in a single day and whether or not I make it to the Farmer's Market. Grocery shopping is complicated here. Do you make a list or pray for inspiration in the produce aisle? Both!
4. Is there a TV show you're embarrassed to say you watch? I don't think so. You're going to tell us what it is, right? Well, sure. If I had one. :)
5. A recent article listed fifteen words we should eliminate from our (written) vocabulary in order to sound smarter-
that, went, honestly, absolutely, very, really, amazing, always, never, literally, just, maybe, stuff, things, and irregardless
Of the fifteen, which word is your most overused? Sadly, I'm guilty of several: that, absolutely, very, really, amazing, always, just, stuff, things. I'm working on deleting several of these words now. It's not as easy as one would think. You know, because it makes you use your brain and all. :)
6. So apparently dying your hair gray (in your youth!) is a thing right now. It's called 'The Granny Hair' trend. Your thoughts? I have a bit of gray and I use a chemical free color to get rid of it. I'm going to say I am NOT a fan.
7. A while back Buzz Feed asked members to share the most beautiful sentence they've read in a piece of literature. A hard thing to narrow down, at least for me, but let's try. What's one of the most beautiful sentences you've ever read in a piece of literature? Here's one from my top three: “He fell to the seat, she by his side. There were no more words. The stars were beginning to shine. How was it that the birds sing, that the snow melts, that the rose opens, that May blooms, that the dawns whitens behind the black trees on the shivering summit of the hills?
One kiss, and that was all." (Victor Hugo, Les Miserables--a beautifully written book)
8. Insert your own random thought here. We're still enjoying our sunrise walk/runs. This is one thing I shall miss when school resumes. And my leisure time, of course. Tucker will not like that he won't be able to go outside anytime he wants to deal with those pesky squirrels.
|The dog in the picture was having the BEST TIME EVER chasing fish! We had such a chuckle as Tucker just looked at him like, "WTH are you doing?"|
Have a great rest of the week, y'all!