Now, it's time for the Hodgepodge!
1. On Saturday July 4th America celebrates her Independence. (If you're not American, feel free to answer in terms of a national holiday in your own country) What is your favorite thing about the day? Your favorite food on the 4th? Do you fly a flag at your house? Fireworks-yay or nay? Any special plans this year? There were celebrations when I was growing up and here when the lovelies were coming along, but not much anymore. It's too hot around here and I don't like crowds so...I'll stay inside in the AC with Tucker. I won't make anything special like I used to and I am not planning to put up a flag. Fireworks are fun but it's too hot to go outside and watch. I am a summer holiday party pooper. Now, if there were fireworks before the sun comes up and before it gets too hot, then sure! But that's probably not going to happen. LOL
2. What's something you recently got for free? A hard time? OH, you said got, not give. LOL I haven't gotten anything for free. Wait! Does free shipping count? Cause I did get free shipping!
3. The Statue of Liberty, The Liberty Bell, The Washington Monument, or Mount Rushmore...how many on the list have you seen? What is your favorite historical American monument, and why? I've seen the Washington Monument. I don't like it at all but I do find it rather symbolic. I suppose my favorite is the Lincoln Memorial. I did enjoy seeing that.
4. When it comes to the news are you more ostrich (stick my head in the sand) or hog (they have room to take a whole lot in)? How much attention have you given the recent news reports regarding ISIS and the acts of terror they've perpetrated against those who do not share their beliefs or support their cause? I listen as long as the journalists and anchors are reporting the news but, when they start handing out opinions, I turn them off. I have my own opinions, I do not need to hear theirs.
5. We're talking plain ice cream...vanilla, chocolate, or strawberry? Choose one. It totally depends on my mood.
6. Share a song you love containing the word 'stars' in the lyrics or title? I had to Google this since I couldn't think of one. I used to like this:
7. Describe and/or say goodbye to June with an acrostic. I really suck at this but, here you go:
8. Insert your own random thought here. I may have mentioned that it's been hot this summer. But Lovely 4 and I are still heading out to the beach before sunrise to run/walk and let Tucker run amok. I'll leave you with a video of Tucker and some sunrise photos from this week:
Have a great July 4th celebration in your neck of the woods!