At least there are a couple more weeks AND there's always the Hodgepodge to bring a smile to our faces!
1. I recently read here about four secrets to happiness from around the world. They were-
Overcome your fears by facing them head on, allow yourself to relax and reset, work to live versus living to work, and find the good in life. Not sure if these are the actual secret to happiness, but which of the four do you struggle with most? The one that plagues me, and that I am working on this summer, is facing my fears. It's not easy and it TAKES FOREVER. Which one comes most easily to you? Relax and rest. That's all I've done this summer. Another reason I hate to see school begin again.
2. How would you spend a found $20 bill today? I'd sock it away with the ones I keep in a Mason jar. With two lovelies living here, there seems to be a steady stream of folks who need to 'borrow' some cash. Ha!
3. Ego trip, power trip, guilt trip, round trip, trip the light fantastic, or trip over your own two feet...which 'trip' have you experienced or dealt with most recently? Explain. Trip over my own two feet, I guess. I tumbled on the sand one day last week. Luckily, not that many people are on the beach before sunrise. I didn't really trip over my own two feet though. One foot found that slimy sand and I went down. DD4 found it quite humorous. Of course, I often feel as though I tripping over my own two feet when I meditate. Such a long process this is.
4. If you could master any physical skill in the world what would it be, and how would you use that skill? How about stamina. I would use it to up my exercise time. Of course, I'd have to get out of this oppressive heat since that's the very thing that has lessened my stamina to begin with.
5. As July draws to a close, let's take inventory of our summer fun. Since the official first day of (North American) summer (June 20th) have you...been swimming? No. No one wants to see 'all this' in a swim suit. enjoyed an ice cream cone? No. Ice cream is not on the diet. seen a summer blockbuster? No. But I am planning on it. camped? No. Did I mention the oppressive heat? eaten corn on the cob? Nope. Corn is not on the diet. gardened? No. Again, oppressive heat. deliberately unplugged? YES! On a daily basis. watched a ballgame? No. There's no football yet. picked fruit off the vine? Nope. Oppressive heat yet again. taken a road trip? No. But one is coming up! read a book? 'A' book? NO. I've read several...let's see..8 so far. Are any of these activities on your must-do-before-summer-ends list? Yes: see above. :)
6. The Republican Presidential candidates will debate on August 6th. What's your question? Hahahaha! Like I'd get an honest response if I asked one. Phfft.
7. What's your most listened to song so far this summer? I have an entire playlist (29 songs) created on Spotify. I listen to all the songs on it daily...often, several times/day. No, they aren't all old songs, they're just songs I quite enjoy. I'll share with you with one of each:
The not so old (stick with it past the doggie stunt):
8. Insert your own random thought here. Ah, the lazy, hazey days of summer are soon going to fade into a distant memory as we prepare to go back to school in a couple of weeks. If I decide this will be my last year doing this, it will be a blessing. It's time to move on and do other things. Too much of my life has been spent conforming. I'm over it. Though I will miss those sweet kiddos!
Have a great rest of the week, y'all!