1. When did you last 'swim against the tide'? Explain. I feel like I do that during the school year. I don't mind getting up and, when I arrive at school, I'm fine. However, having to be at school at a certain time five day/week during the school year is a struggle for me. I feel like my life is dictated. I'm also swimming against the tide at home but that's another tale for another day.
Of course, this is the real reason I don't like leaving the house for school:
2. What's the last self-help or self-improvement book you read? Does, THE TOLTEC WAY, count? I'm reading THE TIBETAN BOOK OF LIVING AND DYING right now. I find them both quite interesting.
3. "Tolerance is a tremendous virtue, but the immediate neighbors of tolerance are apathy and weakness." (Sir James Goldsmith)
Agree or disagree? Discuss. With civility please, because I think we have a good thing going in our very diverse (in geography, age, religion, political persuasion, ethnicity, marital status, upbringing, and cooking abilities) neighborhood here on This Side of the Pond. Hmmm...I've never really thought of tolerance being related to apathy and weakness. And, while thinking of it now, I believe I'll have to disagree. I will say that I prefer being tolerant over those who try to force their beliefs or 'truths' down the throats of others. I don't like that. Anyway, it's simply going to require more thought. When I have time. Ha!
4. What is one of your most vivid memories of the kitchen from your childhood? Every single time I was at my grandmother's house. She was always in the kitchen and I loved spending time in there with her. I can recount, if not all then pretty close to, every moment with her in that kitchen. I've written about this several times before but, HERE is a good summary post about it.
5. How did/do your own children's summers compare with your summers as a child? If you're not a parent, answer as it relates to what you've observed about the current generation of children vs. your own childhood. Our summers were quite similar with hanging outside and playing and going to the pool and cookouts and celebrations. The biggest difference is that I got to go to the beach for one week every summer where my kiddos got to go every day (that's what you do when you live 3.1 miles from the beach.) Neither me nor my girls spent time inside during the summers.
6. Tell us what body of water you would most like to be on or near today, and why? I'm good with the one I am near every day- the Atlantic Ocean. We're only 3.1 miles from the beach so I don't have to go far to get to it.
7. Share a favorite song about water, or a favorite song with the word water in it's title, or a favorite song to listen to as you sit beside the water.
This is probably my favorite:
But, I've always loved this one too:
8. Insert your own random thought here. My brain doesn't have a thought in it. Hang on though, because it goes NUTS when I try to meditate. LOL
Have a great rest of the week, y'all!