Thank goodness football has started (so what if it's pre-season) and we have the Hodgepodge to enjoy in the middle of the week! Click below to join in the fun!
1. Way back when (the Hodgepodge bicentennial to be precise) several of you submitted questions as part of a giveaway I was hosting. I went back to that list for inspiration today and found a question submitted by Marla, who blogs over atMarla's Musings. Thanks Marla!
She asks-At what age did you feel like a 'grown-up'? What keeps you young now? I'll let you know when I get there. Autopilot keeps me going. That, and the glimmer of hope that changes are just around the bend. :)
2. When did you last buy a vehicle? Was this by design or because you had no other option? Was the car/truck purchased for your own personal use or was it bought for someone else to drive? On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being delightful and 1 being 'pass the Excedrin') how would you rate the experience? Since I've been without a vehicle of my own for over a year now, let's not go into that right now. This whole car buying thing is NO FUN.
3. Corn bread, corn chips, corn pudding, corn on the cob, cornflakes, corn chowder-your favorite of the corn-y foods listed? What needs to be served alongside your selection? No corn for me because no carbs for me. However, my grandmother's cornbread dressing was THE BEST EVER. We had it at Christmas and Thanksgiving and it was TO DIE FOR. I can get close to replicating the recipe (which is a feat since she didn't use recipes) and I make it on the same occasions. And gravy goes along side it. HaHa!
4. What's something in your life that regularly requires you to 'put your thinking cap on'? Since I am the technology teacher at school, I have to don that cap every single day to keep ahead of my students in this regards.
5. Share a favorite movie set in a school or classroom, or whose theme relates to school days in some way. This was hard. So, I took my top six, rolled the dice (actually, the die) and the movie whose number came up was: DEAD POETS' SOCIETY.
6. Reading, writing, and 'rithmatic' are commonly referred to as the three R's. What are the three R's in your life right now? Technology, technology, and technology.
7. What's something you've learned or tried recently you can say was as 'easy as ABC'? Nothing in the realm of technology.
8. Insert your own random thought here. This is the third day of school and I am exhausted. Keeping up with all these elementary kiddos is not easy. And I don't think it's an age thing because every one of us at school could use daily naps. Three days down. 177 to go.
That being said, the kids are great this year and, tired or not, at least it's easy to look forward to seeing their sweet faces every day.
Have a great rest of the week, y'all!