1. Are you comfortable with silence? Am I comfortable with silence? I crave silence. I'm in love with silence. If silence was a person, I'd marry it. If you're home alone, do you like silence or do you need regular background noise? That depends on the mood. Sometimes I like to have music, sometimes I just want silence. Do you seek out times and places to be silent? Yes. What's your favorite place to find silence/be silent? The early morning is my favorite time. When Tucker and I walk, it's still dark and too early for others to be up and out walking. There are a few cars that pass us on their way to jobs that start WAY too early in the morning but, other than that, it's quiet out there. Even at home, the early mornings are a good time to find silence.
2. October 28th is National Chocolate Day. Can't let that go by without a mention now, can we? Will you celebrate? Nope. My big fat rear is big and fat because of all the chocolate I used to eat. So I stopped eating it. How? Let's say you can have one of the following right this very minute... a cup of hot chocolate, a strawberry dipped in chocolate, a bowl of plain chocolate ice cream, or a slice of chocolate pie...what's your pleasure? I'd love to have a cup of hot chocolate. I've been craving it lately, but I haven't caved. However, if my mother's chocolate pie was here, I doubt I'd be able to resist. The whole pie, too. None of that, I'll just eat one piece, crap.
3. How do you feel about blue jeans? I love them. Favorite thing in the world to wear or nope, don't own a single pair? I used to wear them all the time until I got to the size that they don't make jeans that big. How often do you wear blue jeans in a typical week? Now that I've gotten down to a size they do make jeans for, I wear them once or twice a week. We get to wear them on Mondays and every other Friday at school. Do you own a blue jean jacket? No. I used to and I plan on owning another one as soon as I drop another two or so sizes.
4. Are you superstitious? YES! If so, in what way? During football season, I have certain 'rituals' that I have to adhere to. I also have a few quirky things I do. For example, when I say, "Knock on wood." I knock on my head exactly three times. Not hard, but it has to be my head and it has to be three times. There are certain things I won't say because I 'm convinced, if I do, they will come true. That sort of thing. The following commercial may be humorous to some, but to people like me, it's for real.
5. If you had to come up with a costume using only things you have on hand right now, what could you come up with? I still have a blue, velour jogging suit (purchased on eBay) that I wear to school on book character day. I go as Pete the Cat. :)
6. What scares you a little? Do you mean freaky, Halloweeny scared? If so, unfamiliar noises will give me a scare. What do you do when you feel scared? I have to put it out of my head right away or give into it. If I give into it, I turn on lights and go under the covers.
7. Perhaps today will be the day I wake up and fall temps will be here to stay or I won't have to go back to work, EVER or I will be skinny enough to eat chocolate and biscuits and dumplings and mac and cheese again.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Every October, when I am outside before the sun comes up or after it goes down, there are sounds that I NEVER hear any other time of the year. They aren't your regular, run of the mill sounds either. They're creepy. Like, someone is walking behind you creepy. And bats creepy. And. as of yesterday morning, werewolf creepy. It's a good thing Tucker and I were on the deck and able to run back inside and lock the door. Cause nothing stops a werewolf like a locked door. Ha!