Here we go with the last Hodgepodge of 2015!
Here are the questions to the last Hodgepodge of 2015. Answer on your own blog, then hop back here tomorrow to share answers with all the other revelers.
1. Share a favorite memory/moment from the week of Christmas. Even though the weather tried to make Christmas week horrid, we had a blast in our mountain cabin. I loved this moment when my dad and Rocky (DrummerBoy's pup) decided to howl their discontent over the heat of the day--
|Yes, my dad is a nut. Now y'all know where I get it.|
2. If someone wrote a book about your life based on the past year, what genre would it fall under? What would the title be? Is there a 'frustration' genre? How about nonfiction and the title could be: How to Keep from Kicking Adult Children Out of the House.
3. What made you feel patriotic this year? On veterans day, two of our educators at school told about their military service on our school's morning news show. While these women shared their stories, I couldn't help feeling a bit of patriotism.
4. What experience from this past year would you like to do all over again? Thanksgiving! That's when Birdie and MostWonderfulSIL told me that I would be a grandmother in July of 2016! That was the highlight of the year!
5. What song lyric sums up or is a reflection of your 2015? Since I have no knowledge of a song lyric that deals with the stress and frustration of having adult children at home, I'll go with this one:
6. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate 2015? 2 (10=stellar) Why? It was a nothing less than a totally frustrating kind of year. Until close to the end when I found out I would have my first grandchild! Then it was OFF THE CHARTS!
7. What part of the upcoming year are you most excited about? Meeting my very first grandchild! And, as always, I'll be holding out hope that people who should be living on their own will, do so.
8. Insert your own random thought here. The news of me becoming Yaya has been so difficult to keep under wraps. Let me tell y'all, that child is spoiled already! His three aunties and I have lost our minds in our excitement over her arrival. See what I did there? With the his/her? Ha! We will discover the gender on February 25! Another fun thing to look forward to!
Ok, I'm collecting grandmother advice for a project. If you haven't already shared yours, please do it today in the comments! This is the most fun I've had in YEARS!
Have a great rest of the week, y'all!