Enough of that. Let's get our minds off of the bad and on to the good with the Hodgepodge!
2. What was on your blog this time last year? (Besides the Hodgepodge of course!) If you weren't blogging, what in the world were you doing with all that free time? I was walking down memory lane, as always.
3. Ellen Goodman is quoted as saying, 'We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives...not looking for flaws, but for potential.'
Do you see more flaws or more potential in your life at the start of a new year? No. I see flaws and potential throughout the year. I never know when the spirit will ove me to see or do something. I do know that it's never only at the beginning of a new year. Have you done anything specific this month to address either one? Yes, but it has nothing to do with the new year. I have begun a yoga camp and a new running program but they are both part of an ongoing attempt at improving my fitness level which tends to ease the issues brought about by fibromyalgia. The fact that I began these in January has nothing to to with the new year. It was strictly coincidental. Does the new year truly begin for you on January 1, or is there some other month of the year that feels like a fresh start and new beginning? I tend to view June as the end of the old year and the beginning of a new one. I think it has to do with the school schedule.
4. Who's an athlete you admire or respect and why? Vince Lombardi- he was an athlete before he was a coach, but it is his coaching that I respect and admire so, Gale Sayers and Michael Jordan...Roger Staubach. Bart Starr. They had/have integrity. These days, I admire and respect any athlete who is not a loud mouth jerk, who doesn't use drugs, who doesn't shoot or abuse people, who accepts and appreciates his/her talent as a gift and who accepts the responsibility of his/her celebrity status. Pretty sure that just about covers it.
5. Do you like cream in your coffee? I like a little coffee with my cream and sugar, actually. Whipped cream on your pumpkin pie? Yes. Cream cheese on a bagel? Yes. Sour cream on a baked potato? Meh. Cream of wheat for breakfast? Yes. Have you ever had a scone with clotted cream? Nope. Of all the creamy foods mentioned, which one sounds most appealing to you right this very minute? The Cream of Wheat.
6. Where were you last kept waiting for 'hours on end'? In December. I'm forever being kept waiting by a select few in this family. When we were leaving for our Christmas vacation, someone made us over three hours late leaving. As usual. I HATE that. Or for what felt like hours on end? How well did you cope? I do not cope well at all. As a matter of fact, that is the last time I plan to put up with it. Grrrrrr.
7. Believe it or not, when next week's Hodgepodge rolls around it will be February.Huh?!? Bid adieu here to January in seven words or less.
Your warm weather let me down. OR--
I thought you would bring winter weather. OR--
Disappointment in the weather left me wanting. And then, my favorite:
I wanted snow, you said no.
8. Insert your own random thought here.Have y'all seen the five planets all lined up yet? I've been looking but a dear friend said I should gaze instead of making it a mission. So, I gazed and I think I finally saw them! I'm not sure though because I realized I have no idea what I'm looking for. Ha! It might be time to bring in TheMostAmazingSIL who is very science-y and figure this thing out.
Have a great rest of the week, y'all!