3. A principal in a UK school recently sent home a letter to parents requesting they(the parents!) dress appropriately when escorting their children to/from school (basically saying please don't wear your pajamas) You can read the letter here. It's gotten a lot of publicity, both positive and negative. Your thoughts? And do/did you ever make the school run (or hit Starbucks, Walmart, etc) in your pjs? I have never 'made a run out' in my pjs. I've seen parents come into our school in their pjs, though, and I can't say that I like it very much. On the other hand, when someone walks in with leggings and a tank top with no bra and stuff hanging out all over, I'm not sure that I wouldn't prefer them to be in their pjs. I guess I believe in setting an example for you kiddos and this includes getting up early enough to get yourself and your kids dressed, fed, and out the door to school ON TIME.
4. Crew neck, V-neck, turtleneck, scoop neck...which is most prevalent in your wardrobe? V-neck. I can't stand anything touching my neck. I've tried wearing other 'neck-shaped' clothing but I spend the whole time clawing at my neck.
5. I read here recently a list of four things to avoid so you wake up happier. They werelate night snacks, hitting the snooze button, social media just before bed/upon waking, checking emails.
Are you guilty of any of these behaviors? I do check social media when I wake up and before going to bed-mostly Facebook and text messages. But neither influence my level of 'wake up happy.' Well, except the text messages. They always elevate my happy level. :) Which on that list do you need to work harder at avoiding? I don't do any of them other than checking the social media thing and I don't believe I need to change that.
6. Share something you remember about a house you lived in as a child? I loved summer thunderstorms. With no air conditioning, all the windows were left open. I knew a storm was coming when the sheers in my parent's bedroom window would begin to flow, slowly into the room. As the storm got closer and the winds built in intensity, the sheers would billow into the room and I loved lying on their bed beside the windows watching those sheers billow up and over my head and back down again. The feel and smell of the air became cooler and thunder rumbled in the distance. And you could smell the rain long before it began to fall. Of all the homes you lived in as a child, which did you love best? That house. It was the same house my dad grew up in and I loved that house. I really hated leaving it even though we moved into a brand new house.
7.Your favorite movie based on a true story? There's no way I can narrow this one down. I love movies that are biographical in nature and those rooted in history or sports. I also love documentaries.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I have a favor to ask! Please go HERE and vote for The Wild Feathers! And not just because the handsome, talented drummer is Deanie's boyfriend. Do it because they are a talented group of young men who deserve the win! Here's a video (sound only because YouTube on Blogger is being a stinker) of a song from their latest album which will be released on March 11: