Wednesday, March 9, 2016
We're inching closer to spring break! I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel. Almost. In the meantime, I'm going to pull up a computer and join in the Hodgepodge because it's Wednesday and the Hodgepodge is fun!
1. March is National Women's History Month. In that vein, who are three women who've been influential in your life? How so? Wow. We get a whole, entire month? How generous. Ok, I'm guessing that these have to be three women we've actually known instead of people in history so---
My grandmother, my other grandmother, and my Aunt Betty (Mother's sister).
2. In what ways do you think women have it easier than men? Seriously? Do we? I don't think so. Wait! I have one! We get to be Daddy's little girl. I've always been a daddy's girl.
3. What do you need most right now: faith, love, hope, or peace? Peace.
4. Do you have a collection? Yes. If so, what do you collect and why? Santas and nativity sets. Because my mother started giving them to me every year at Christmas.
5. Plaids, checks, polka dots, stripes...your favorite? Polka dots! LOVE them! Plaids are a close second. Stripes? Meh. My girls loved this little ditty when they were little.
6. In what ways are you the same as your childhood self? I am still a creative introvert in short supply of self-confidence.
7. You're a contestant on the TV game show Jeopardy. What category will you ace? Hahaha! Not a darn one.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Not much going on in the thought department today. Oh, I did find a cool set of cards called Design Play Cards. According to their website:
So, I decided to order them and tried them out on computer club yesterday. Wow. Those kids blew my mind! Never underestimate the creativity and knowledge of elementary school students. I'll share more at a later date, but their ideas on our first 'design problem' are incredible!
Have a great rest of the week, y'all!