I'm having Empty Nest redesigned y'all! I'm nervous and excited. I'm on the designer's list for September. Have y'all redesigned your blog before? There's way more involved than I ever imagined.
Ok- here we go!
1. On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your summer so far? A bit 'ol 10! Why? Because this:
2. July 26th is National Aunts and Uncles Day. Did you have many aunts and uncles growing up? Yes! Were you especially close to any one or maybe all of them? Yes! I was somewhat close to most of them but especially to my mother's sister, Aunt Betty. Funny story- Both of my parents have only one sister and both of them are named, Betty. One is Betty Jean and the other is Betty Lou. :) Are you an aunt? Yes. (or uncle for the men who join here on Wednesdays) Share a favorite memory relating to one of your own aunts or uncles or relating to a niece or nephew who call you Aunt (or Uncle). That would take forever as I have many. I wrote a post about Aunt Betty (Jean) here if you'd like to read about her.
3. What's your favorite food dipped in chocolate? My finger. Ha! I don't think I've ever had anything dipped in chocolate that I didn't like. But narrowing that down is impossible. What's your favorite food dipped in cheese? I don't know. What does one dip in cheese? As in, fondue? I don't do fondue.
4. When were you last astonished by something? Last week. Explain. That's ok. I'm not opening THAT can of worms. Let's just say that there was a whole lot of idiocy on television last week.
5. Surf board, paddle board, ironing board, Pinterest board, score board, clip board, bulletin board...which board have you most recently encountered? Pinterest board. For these Harry Potter butterbeer cupcakes for DoodleBug's 25th Birthday:
6. What's your favorite story from scripture? Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. Why that story? Because I am a strong believer in sticking to one's beliefs. And then, there's this:
7. If you were to travel from the east coast to the west coast in your own country, which five cities would you most want to see? I've done this. Well, I did it with my grandmother and Aunt Betty when I was younger. We took the southern route. If I did it again, I'd go the northern route and make sure to visit Julie in Minnesota and Judy in Wisconsin and my wonderful SIL's family in Crown Point and anywhere in Montana because, cowboys...
8. Insert your own random thought here. Guess who's on my mind this week? Thaaat's right. The same little bit of sunshine that's always on my mind now:
Also, guess who's coming home this weekend? These two goobers:
It's the first time Deanie and DrummerBoy will see their little neice! AND, for me, it means all my kiddos and their loves will be home at the SAME TIME! I am one happy mama/grandma!
Oh, and if you didn't get a chance to read about internet trolls, hop over to the Grits. It's always good to know what's out there in cyberspace. :)
Have a great rest of the week, y'all!