A List of the Things I Love:
1. I LOVE people who do what they say they're going to do. A man of his word is what someone used to be called. But I love it whether it's a man or woman so, person of their word? Whatever. The point is, I love it when people do what they say they are going to do. It may seem to be a strange thing to love but, when people close to you are the opposite, you learn that you really love it when someone does keep their word.
2. I LOVE nice people. Not perky, ridiculously so-nice-they-seem-fake people because they would go on my pet peeves list. No, I love people who are just truly, sincerely nice. I like being around these people, too. Their niceness is contagious.
3. I LOVE to laugh. Especially when my family is gathered. We are a bunch of nuts and we love and laugh like crazy! I'm talking deep, belly laughs that leave your core feeling like you've completed 1,000 crunches. Laughter. It really is the best medicine.
4. I LOVE cool/coldish weather. There is such a thing as TOO COLD for me but I LOVE it when I have to wear long sleeves and my big floppy socks just to be warm. And a fire in the fireplace and a nice glass of cognac or Bailey's Irish Cream... Hot temps go on my pet peeves list.
5. I LOVE autumn. I love everything about the season- the color changes, the cooler temps, the holidays! There is nothing to dislike about autumn!
6. I LOVE sweets. Oh goodness, do I love sweets. I've had a sweet tooth for as long as I can remember and it's still with me now.
7. I LOVE watching the birds come and eat from the deck and the feeders. Birds are fascinating and calming. Sometimes, if I sit long enough and am still enough, they will come when I'm sitting out there. What a treat!
8. I LOVE being a mom to four daughters. Daughters are the best and mine are wonderful! I love being their mom.
9. I LOVE being a grandmother! Most of you know my first grandlove arrived in July and I've been basking in the joy ever since!
10. I LOVE cooking for the whole family. When everyone is here and they're all milling about in the kitchen/dining room, cooking takes on a whole different feeling.
11. I LOVE fall/winter holidays. These are my favorite holidays and I love everything about them from the decorating to the food and the family being around. My happy time starts with Halloween and goes through New Year's Day. The rest of the holidays are so-so. Ok, I should have written, I love Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and NewYear's.
12. I LOVE taking pictures. I take a gazillion pictures at every family gathering, of the granddaughter, of the dog, and of those birds that frequent my deck and feeders.
13. I LOVE my pup! But y'all know that already.
14. I LOVE football! Football is the only sport I truly enjoy. I'm watching on Saturday and Sunday from August through the end of the season. Yes, I love college and NFL. This went up on Instagram and Facebook yesterday. I probably should have added- don't bother me at all until February. Just sayin'.
15. I LOVE cowboys. I don't know if I love REAL cowboys but I sure do love the ones that 'Hollywood' portrays. Even the more modern day ones like, LONGMIRE. Ok, he's a sheriff and just wears a cowboy hat but he wears it well. Of course, I'm open to going to Montana and meeting one just to be sure. Do they have cowboys in Montana?
16. I LOVE paying a guy or girl---a PERSON--to paint rooms, the outside of the house, to refinish furniture...yes I do! And I plan to do that FROM NOW ON! Or living with things the way they are.
17. I LOVE leisurely mornings with coffee. They are the best if the skies are gray.
18. I LOVE friends. Friends are wonderful to have. They are fun and funny. They are keepers of secrets and have your back. They are loyal and honest. They are there for you when you need them and give you space when you need that. Friends are the BEST! And you better believe that this includes my blogging buddies. LOVE y'all!
19. I LOVE music! All genres. Except country and metal. And most hip hop. Bet y'all can't guess which band I'm going to put in here. Haha! That's right! DrummerBoy's band: The Wild Feathers! I chose Into The Sun because you get to see DrummerBoy more than in some of the videos. I mean, we love all of them but we are partial to the drummer.
20. I LOVE books. I love reading them and discussing them and the smell of them. I am partial to Stephen King novels but I'll read just about anything. I love biographies and memoirs. I love Jonathan Tropper and Jen Lancaster. I love non-fiction (some of it) and inspirational stories. I'm crazy about history books and psychology books and books about society and science. Romance novels would have to go on my pet peeve list. I love romance, but not romance novels. Y'all should see Baby M's library. She's going to be 2 months old on the 7th and she already has shelves full of books! And I read to her every time she's over here!
Wow. That turned out to be a long list. Apparently, I love a lot of things. Who knew?!
What's on your love list?
Kiss My List and Bev from Linkouture. And yes, you can still join in, just do what I'm going to do and get it all into the last 4 months. Ha!
I've made photo book/journals for several people in the family but never one for myself. This is a good way to begin sorting through and preserving some of the stories I think my granddaughter (and any future grandloves) would enjoy knowing, reading, sharing...