Also, they both looked like that cat who swallowed the canary. Ok, a gift then.
A little background: Birdie is the queen gift giver in our family. You really have to be careful when you talk about things you want or things you like or when sharing your wishlist because she will remember all of it and you'll get the best gift ever. Not a problem at all unless she goes overboard. Which she did. They did. Anyway, one of the things I had finally decided on, after three years of researching and doing the back-and-forth decision move, was a Surface Pro. See where this is going?
THIS was inside the big, red bag:
Oh, yeah, that's nice but what's the big deal? First, it's way too extravagant! I was going to get my own. They are supposed to be saving money to buy a house which is another reason I am keeping Baby M during the workweek. I was overwhelmed, to say the least. I was trying to make them take it back. They refused. I surrendered.
Ok so not only was it a Surface Pro it was one with THIS on it:
A couple of you might know that I am a HUGE football fan and the Carolina Panthers are my boys! And then there was THIS:
A case for my new toy! Not that I would allow it out of the inner sanctum but, still.
We just wanted to let you know how much we appreciate you taking care of Baby M for us.
I promise I am not doing this for any selfish reasons. Well, except that I get to spend time with Baby M every day but, this was just too much. Finally, I threw in the towel and accepted this way over-generous gift. They were serious and they wanted me to have it.
Truth is? I LOVE this thing. I use it every single day and I LOVE it! See how it sparkles in the sunlight? LOL
So, a HUGE thank you to Birdie and SILExtraordinaire for your love and generosity and, most of all, for sharing your sweet baby with me on a daily basis. Just being able to share in the day-to-day with y'all and seeing firsthand what amazing parents y'all are is enough for me. But I do LOVE my Surface Pro! And y'all!
However, if there's anything under the tree for me at Christmas this year? Y'all are in BIG TROUBLE. Unless it's a new car. Then it's fine.
When was the last time someone surprised you with a gift that rendered you speechless?
It's day 14 of NaBloPoMo!
Links to my first 13 days of NaBloPoMo in case y'all missed them (because they're so dang interesting and all...Ha!):
- TWIGS AND ROOTS! Where I introduced y'all to Deanie's new business.
- THE BRAVE SIDE OF ME Where I shared my nonexistent bravery with y'all.
- BABY M'S NURSERY Where I finally show off the pictures of the nursery!
- KEEPERS: FALL TELEVISION SHORT LIST Where I shared the few fall shows I watch.
- SINGING ALONG WITH BABY M Where I shared some songs Baby M and I enjoy.
- BABY M GOES TO CLEMSON where I shared a gazillion pix and commentary on Baby M's first ever college football game!
- THANKSGIVING FAILS where I shared that I cannot make holiday meals as good as my grandmother did.
- IT'STHAT TIME! where I slacked off and just posted a voting clip art. Don't judge. This is hard.
- HOW TO ENTERTAIN A 4 MONTH OLD where I share what I'm doing with Baby M and asking for more ideas.
- MY MESSAGE TO MEAN PEOPLE where I give a message to mean people. LOL
- STAY AT HOME GRANDMA GOES ETSY where I put myself out there and cringe.
- WHAT ARE LITTLE THANKFULS? where I compare my lists of LITTLE thankfuls from this year and 2015.
- AND NOW, THE BIGS where I share the big things for which I am grateful.