I've discovered that my most of my daily posts are inconsequential at best consisting of nothing more than drivel. They don't hold any substantial content. Not that my blog post usually do hold substantial content but, they really don't right now. I'm just throwing stuff up here some days, it seems, to have something because it's a commitment I made. I am someone who sticks to her commitments. Usually. But I'm rethinking this one.
Another thing is I haven't met more than 3 new-to-me bloggers. No one is reading my trifling content. I'm visiting other blogs- I've made it through the letter E on the blogroll of participants and I'm finding that others are posting trivial writings as well.
I don't think NaBloPoMo is a bad idea. If someone is just getting into blogging, it's a good way to get used to posting. If someone has fallen out of the habit, this will help get them back into a rhythm. I also believe that it can be a good way to meet new people of the blogging sort and, on a good day, you can run across a blog with posts that are not only beautifully written but also contain thought-provoking content.
And so I find myself faced with a dilemma of the lowest sort- do I continue posting daily because of my commitment to do so or do I just stop and go back to my more comfortable blogging rhythm? I don't know. That annoying little voice in the back of my mind keeps saying, "But you said you would."
What to do? What I always do- question my motives. WHY am I considering quitting?
- No one is reading my posts
- My posts are drivel
- I don't feel I need to post every day
- I prefer a simpler method to my blogging
This group has reminded me of going to a new school or a new church or a party and the people who already know each other stick together and there's no room for another person. I'm sure there are others out there who feel this way about this group. Even I have to admit that I am searching for people like me- middle aged, living in an empty nest, retired maybe, and grandparents. None of it is necessary but I do look for those folks when I visit blogs on the blogroll.
Right now, I've stopped linking to the NaBloPoMo folks on FB and the website. Writing posts, finding the places to link them, checking back for comments, reading the blogs of as many as I can in day...it's becoming no fun at all.
- TWIGS AND ROOTS! Where I introduced y'all to Deanie's new business.
- THE BRAVE SIDE OF ME Where I shared my nonexistent bravery with y'all.
- BABY M'S NURSERY Where I finally show off the pictures of the nursery!
- KEEPERS: FALL TELEVISION SHORT LIST Where I shared the few fall shows I watch.
- SINGING ALONG WITH BABY M Where I shared some songs Baby M and I enjoy.
- BABY M GOES TO CLEMSON where I shared a gazillion pix and commentary on Baby M's first ever college football game!
- THANKSGIVING FAILS where I shared that I cannot make holiday meals as good as my grandmother did.
- IT'STHAT TIME! where I slacked off and just posted a voting clip art. Don't judge. This is hard.
- HOW TO ENTERTAIN A 4 MONTH OLD where I share what I'm doing with Baby M and asking for more ideas.
- MY MESSAGE TO MEAN PEOPLE where I give a message to mean people. LOL
- STAY AT HOME GRANDMA GOES ETSY where I put myself out there and cringe.
- WHAT ARE LITTLE THANKFULS? where I compare my lists of LITTLE thankfuls from this year and 2015.
- AND NOW, THE BIGS where I share the big things for which I am grateful.
- A SURPRISING GIFT where I tell y'all about the way too generous gift I received.
- WHAT WAS IT LIKE TO BE ME IN 2016: where I talk about being a grandma.
- HAPPINESS IN THE HODGEPODGE where I share my answers on Wednesday Hodgepodge.