While I continue looking for the solution to the much too fast passing of time, I'm glad there's the Hodgepodge to enjoy! How about you?
1. "The cure for anything is salt water-tears, sweat, or the sea." (Isak Dinesan) Would you agree? To a point because, sometimes, it takes the mountains or laughter or music. Plus, the sea doesn't do it for me even though it's a mere 3.1 miles from my back door. Of the three, which has 'cured' you most recently? Of those three, I'd probably have to say, tears.
2. What's something you can't eat without salt? Grits, rice, potatoes. Do you normally salt your food a lot, a little, or not at all? Very little. Except for grits, rice, and potatoes. LOL
3. Sands of time, bury your head in the sand, built on sand, or draw a line in the sand...which sandy phrase could best be applied to something in your life right now? Bury my head in the sand.
4. A favorite book, movie, or song with an island setting or theme? Books- anything Stephen King with an island setting. Movies? I had to Google this and I didn't really like anything that came up. Songs? I'll go with the one below. But only when the Muppets do it. I never loved The Beach Boys.
5. Yesterday-did you run your day or did it run you? I ran my day. How so? I stopped everything and sat down to read my friend, Carol Wyer's, new serial killer thriller, LITTLE GIRL LOST. Not a chore is getting done until I finish.
6. You're on an island holiday. Will I most likely find you parked in a beach chair, shopping in town, on the back of a jet ski, or snorkeling off the back of a catamaran? If it's hot you'll find me inside with the AC blasting. If it's not hot, I'd probably be walking the beach or, on a rare occasion, parked on a beach chair.
7. What do you think we humans most take for granted? The little things- health, a roof over our heads, heat when it's cold, AC when it's hot, running water, etc.
8. Insert your own random thought here. So much running through my head but I shall spare y'all and just leave you with this: