|Can y'all see her teeth? Isn't she adorable? Or is it just me?|
Lately, for example, I've discovered:
- I hate long onesies that snap in a U shape from one foot to the other. Do y'all remember it being a problem when your kids were babies? Trying to snap those little legs into a footed onesie is an aerobic workout. I kid you not.
- Diapering is also an aerobic workout. This child will not lie quietly in her crib while I change her diaper. As soon as I get it off, she turns over and turning her back over is like wrestling an alligator. And then I have to change the crib sheet because no diaper means she gets everything wet which also means I get to change her clothes.
- Changing her clothes. Alligator wrestling? What's harder than alligator wrestling because that's what it's like changing her clothes.
- Those toys that make the crinkly sound are NOT FUN when you're trying to put the baby down for a nap and you have to move the toy out of the way because the dang thing makes a HUGE noise regardless of whether you pick it up by hand or carefully with tweezers.
- Putting the baby in a stroller to go for a nice little stroll is a major production. I do not remember this being a production when my girls were growing up. By the time I strap her in the stroller, put my shoes on, get Tucker on his leash and find my keys, I'm exhausted but have to take the walk anyway because that's what Baby M and Tucker think we're doing.
- Feeding. Good grief. I remember my girls getting messy during feedings but I do not recall me being covered in the food. Or the table. Or the chair. Or anything within a 10' radius.
- As soon as I put Baby M down for a nap, do two little things and sit down with a cup of something hot, she wakes up. Every. Single. Time.
- Zulily is of the devil. Stay away from it.
- Speaking of Zulily, y'all buy my coasters. I have bills.
And to those of you who are about to join the Grandma Club- WELCOME! You're going to LOVE it! It's the best EVER!
Have a wonderful weekend, y'all!