Just wait, Joyce. The level of joy you're going to experience in August will be even more than people say it will be. I can't wait to see ALL the pictures. And yes, you can post all of them because grandmothers can do whatever they want to do. ;)
Here we are at another Hodgepodge. I noticed that Joyce is going to hit the 300 mark in a couple of weeks! Wow! That's a lot of Hodgepodge which translates into, Wow! That's a lot of fun! And getting to know folks! And looking forward to Wednesdays!
All you have to do is click on the Hodgepodge button thingy and join in the fun! I did mention it's FUN, right?
1. Have you ever been fishing? Yes. Did you catch a fish? I don't think so. If so did you keep it or throw it back? I would have thrown it back. If you haven't been fishing is that something you'd like to try? I went a long, long time ago and don't remember much about it other than being bored silly. Fishing is not for impatient people. Please don't tell my brother I'm not a fan, though. He's an avid fisherman- tournaments and all, and I wouldn't want him to
Fish out of water, big fish in a small pond, living in a fishbowl, packed in like sardines, this is a fine kettle of fish, plenty of fish in the sea, or cut bait...which fishy phrase most recently applies to some area of your life? Packed like sardines! Hahahaha!
Check this out, y'all! Pretty funny:
3. Your favorite fish tale or movie? I really enjoyed BIG FISH and A RIVER RUNS THROUGH IT. But mostly, I enjoy listening to my brother's tales of fishing. He's got some whoppers!
4. Are you sunrise, daylight, twilight or night? I am sunrise. Explain why you chose your answer. If I rise before the sun I have a much better day. I feel more energized and organized. It also gives me time alone to have quiet time. And the sunrise is NEVER disappointing. It's beautiful and brings hope of a new day every single time.
5. What's the oldest piece of clothing you own and still wear? It's an old cotton shirt. It's big and I wear it around the house and sometimes I'll wear it when I head out to the grocery store. It's my comfort shirt.
6. We've got one more month of (officially) winter here in the Northern hemisphere. Are you feeling the need for a getaway? Yes. I'd like to getaway anywhere that's having actual winter. What's been the best and worst part of your winter so far? The worst part of my winter so far is that WE HAVEN'T HAD ANY. There is no best part because WE HAVEN'T HAD ANY. This is the second year in a row and I'm sick of it. Fall and winter are the two seasons that help me tolerate spring and summer. When we don't have fall and winter...let's just say, mama ain't happy.
7. The Wednesday Hodgepodge lands on National Margarita Day...will you be celebrating? In the middle of the week? Sure. LOL Frozen or on the rocks? Frozen but no salt and vodka instead of te-KILL-ya because that one time in college is still quite fresh in my mind. Are you a Jimmy Buffet fan? Meh. I'm more of a Dead Head than a Parrot Head. If so, what's your favorite JB tune? I like this one, though:
8. Insert your own random thought here. Having Baby M over every day is fun and exhausting. Of course, the fun outweighs the exhaustion. Last week her auntie was entertaining Baby M with some fake sneezes. Hilarity ensued.
I'll just leave y'all with this: