Well, with a few exceptions. Especially where romance is concerned.
I LOVE romance movies. They're so much better than the real thing. Especially if they had their start as a book. Why? Because he always says just the thing I want to hear. Eventually. And it's because that's what the character feels. Who wouldn't want that in real life?
- Love Affair/An Affair to Remember. 1939, 1957.
- While You Were Sleeping. 1995. So cute.
- The Shop Around the Corner, In the Good Old Summertime, and You've Got Mail. 1940, 1949, 1998. I don't care which one is on, I'm watching and enjoying it. LOVE all three and they take one spot because, remakes. :)
- Sense and Sensibility. My favorite is the one released in 1995. I love all the actors in this one. Plus, the story...
- Pride and Prejudice. 2005. Mr. Darcy = Heart.Throb.
- Wuthering Heights. 1939. Oh, Heathcliff.
- The Count of Monte Cristo. 2002. I confess I have not seen the two previously made movie versions of the book. Speaking of THAT BOOK. It was wonderful. One of the best books I've ever read in my life. The movie wasn't nearly as wonderful but I did not mind watching Jim Caviezel one little bit.
- Robin Hood Prince of Thieves. 1991. "I would die for you." Enough said.
- Gone with the Wind. 1939. Rhett Butler? Be still my heart.
- The Last of the Mohicans. 1992. Daniel Day-Lewis. Plus it was a really good love story.